new member on the wirral

cossy1

I've just joined and thought I would say a quick hello and a small intro.

My name is Tony and i am a serving soldier with the RLC TA (NRPS) permanent staff (joined the Army in 1980 RCT)

At the moment i have a ferret mk 2/3 which is a on going project and i have been to a couple of shows this year to collect for the service charitys. i am also a member of the MVT.

Not to sure wot the future holds but i would like to own a jeep so that i can go the shows further afield.

Rgards Tony.

Edited by cossy1

Hi Tony,

greetings from one newbie to another :-)

A have to say I do like the ferret, but I'm not sure I could convine the other half to let me have one - lol

I admit I'm biased, but I would have suggested a lightweight landrover in place of a jeep any time.

Have fun on the forums.

Cheers,

Julian

Hi

Thanks for the welcome, i get to drive landrovers most days (defenders) so i would like a change of vehicle, but at 6 miles to a gallon on the ferret a jeep not much more i suspect when it comes to the fuel usage? i have inserted a couple of pics of me out and about this year one is of the southport air show (on the DROPS) and the other is at Malpas.

Regards Tony.

002.jpg

photo.jpg

Edited by cossy1

Hi

Thanks for the welcome, i get to drive landrovers most days (defenders) so i would like a change of vehicle, but at 6 miles to a gallon on the ferret a jeep not much more i suspect when it comes to the fuel usage? i have inserted a couple of pics of me out and about this year one is of the southport air show (on the DROPS) and the other is at Malpas.

Regards Tony.

Hi welcome to the friendly forum.......... you will get approximately 20mpg out of a Jeep if you drive without thrashing it.

Thanks for the welcome.

20 mpg that’s a lot more then 6 with the price of fuel at the moment. The problem I have with jeeps is a total lack of knowledge on the subject, and there seams to be a lot of conflicting advice on jeeps when you talk to people.

Regards Tony.

Edited by cossy1

Hi Matt

As you can see from the photo the mil reg is 00DA79 its from a batch of 105 mk2/3 i think from 1959.

All my info on it is held at work, so i wil get back to you with more info next week.

Regards Tony.

Hi Tony

That would be great :-) I would appreciate it if you could send me the hull number for the record.

Many thanks, cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...
Hello Tony

Welcome to the forum mate :-)

The ferret is looking great :-) Good job.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt not sure if this is the right way to get info to you, but here goes. my hull number is 2437, 1959/1960 build date. it was struck of in 1995 from strorage depot where it had been for 5 years or so and still a ongiong project. I think that i have PM you but not that sure as i am not that great with IT.

Regards Tony.