Malvern Military Show 20/11/2011

commander

Was hoping to go but been laid up for several weeks with back problems. The good news is that after almost four weeks wait the x-ray results have finally come back and will allow treatment to start. Hope you all have a good trip and find all the goodies you want. I'll be there in spirit if not in body.

jonny loot will be there with a van full of bargrips ,trying to bring a few quid back to the poor dark satanic miles of the north

Christ - It will be like a repeat of my Wedding Day (more 750x20 Bar Treads in attendance than wedding guests!)

Looking forward to seeing you there old boy - If I can't find you, i'll just follow the smell of moth balls................!

Was hoping to go but been laid up for several weeks with back problems. The good news is that after almost four weeks wait the x-ray results have finally come back and will allow treatment to start. Hope you all have a good trip and find all the goodies you want. I'll be there in spirit if not in body.

I hope that you get well very soon, back pain is very debilitating, you do not realise just how much that it effects your movement until you suffer with it.......... a bit of luck and maybe you can make it down to Stoneleigh in January.

I hope that you get well very soon, back pain is very debilitating, you do not realise just how much that it effects your movement until you suffer with it.......... a bit of luck and maybe you can make it down to Stoneleigh in January.

Thanks Ray.

I couldn't resist the temptation and went to Malvern after all, nearly killed me and must have been as high as a kite half the time with the amount of painkillers I swallowed but it was well worth it. Met one or two forumites and had a good sit down with Jim and Martin at Allied Forces, saw Chris (Commander) Bond briefly as he was trying to pack up and not in the best of humour as some prat had blocked the entrance to his exit and he couldn't get his vehicle near his pitch. Unfortunately I had a lift there so didn't have the Land Rover otherwise I would have just dragged said vehicle into the middle of the grass area and abandoned it. For those of you who don't know me I do have a reputation for a rather short fuse and a strange fetish (to some) for a pick shaft or a shovel , whichever comes to hand first.

Somebody who shall be nameless nameless but apparently has a tent and Sherman fetish was conspicuous by his absence, I think he must have been tipped off to the extortionate prices for food and drink, when I bought a burger and a coffee I thought they were selling me the mobile catering unit.:shocked:

I was delighted to find a stallholder who was keen to buy a WW11 RAF navigators instrument set which had belonged to my father, he freely admitted to me that I could make a lot more money by splitting it up and selling the instruments separately on the bay thing which of course I knew but didn't want to do. This guy actually owns the cockpit, bomb aimer and nav positions of a WW11 Boston bomber which looks to be destined for the RAF museum at Hendon so I was happy to do a deal at what I considered a fair price and it will end up in the right place. As far as I am concerned some things are worth much more than a purely monetary value so that made my day really worthwhile although I am now suffering the consequences of a long day and I'm in far too much pain to get any sleep tonight. I know I spoke to Papav 66 ,Tony Pearson and Mark Askew but as I was drugged to the eye balls if I haven't mentioned you please accept my apologies as half the time I don't even remember being there.

Edited by Degsy
brain dead