New Ferret Rear Mudguards

After searching for a few weeks we finally found a company to make new mudguards for our ferret.

Shown below with the two mudguards on a plasma cutter with the Company Owner and the engineer who made them. The final touch was to have them hot dip galvanised.

The profile parts that make the mudguard are now computerised so there's no manual cutting out of sheetmetal.

Anyone interested should contact Thermal Engineering Swansea.

Diana and Jackie

Thermal Engineering.jpg

Edited by Diana and Jackie

they look good in picture although with a lot of these remanufactured items u need to see em in the flesh, saw some repro center bins at war and p this year for i think 350 quid and they were v average in quality!( what was cost of mudguards?)

Stainless steel is hard to work, especially if you need to drill it! but lasts forever.

Not going to say the cost - but it was extra because they were hot dip galvanised. If they have a pattern they can pretty much make anything, and once its programmed into the plasma cutter, which cuts it out of one sheet (up to 1/2" thick) if possible with no waste then its easy to reproduce.

I would think a centre bin, once it was programmed in would be rather easy to make. As long as you either have a pattern or drawing then the sky is the limit. Now all we need is the rain to stop and they will be getting painted.

Diana & Jackie

They look good. I replaced all 4 of mine in 2002. I had them made in 16 gauge stainless, cost me £1175 inc vat. A lot of money but well worth it.

Andy

An exact copy... I've checked :D.

Painting after preparation of the galvanished finish will all depend on the lousy Welsh weather

D&J

Dear D + J,

nice to see those, just one question, something in my mind thinks the footman loops are a bit big? Maybe its my imagination.

Now for a good priming before paint, that will be the next challenge and one that I know others have failed at to their cost.

R

always a help to other members if cost of repro parts can be discussed as it gives ballpark figures if need to have parts manufactured .,i think the reason craig queried the size of strap loops is because on my ferret at least loops are welded to mudguard without the side pieces that yours appear to have, hence yours appear longer.

Edited by griff66