Things to do in Devon

marvinthemartian

Morning all, am off to North Devon for the week as an end of year holiday :drive:, hoping to visit the Cobbaton Collection one day too. What I would like to know is what other places of interest are around that area? Anything for a family day out, cider farms :beer:, places of interest. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Simon

Morning all, am off to North Devon for the week as an end of year holiday :drive:, hoping to visit the Cobbaton Collection one day too. What I would like to know is what other places of interest are around that area? Anything for a family day out, cider farms :beer:, places of interest. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Simon

Family day out - look up the "The Big Sheep" near Bideford!

There's a dinosaur park in I think Woolacombe or up there somewhere, the dinosaurs arn't real though which was a bit of a shock really

Coombe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Adventure Park, a few miles east of Ilfracombe - haven't been for a few years, but my daughter used to absolutely love it there. I'd definitely add my vote to The big Sheep, as well.

And there's Bovington, of course, which I've somehow always managed to convince my better half is 'on the way' from Lincolnshire to Devon... ;)

Kevin