What is it?

crocko

So it is an OY, obviously with wooden body. I must admit that was one of the last vehicles I was thinking of as Duxford has another OY with steel body which is currently parked outside.

I wouldn't have had all this trouble if someone hadn't parked it the wrong way round:D

Thanks Runflat

I think from memory its an 11 or maybe 12 cab 1940/41 F60 CMP, if the the wooden body is original it's unusual.

Early CMP's were supplied with steel bodies, a few early models had wooden bodies fitted by the British. At this stage of the war trucks were arriving from Canada as knock down packs, bodies, cabs and frames in separate packs and there were several plants set up around the UK to reassemble the trucks mos notable being at Southampton and at Slough. There are contemporary photos that show some 60cwt CMP's with wooden bodies being operated by the British so it makes me think that this may be the result of shipping losses, this was certainly an issue in 1941.

Pete

Edited by Pete Ashby