Newbie arrived with 2 Land Rovers!

Duncan76

Hi, just joined the forum.

Owner of 2 ex-military Land Rovers, one a 1978 Series 3 Ambulance which is in fairly frequent use and the other a 1983 airportable which has sadly been in the garage for 5 years plus awaiting a time when it might be let out again. I'm based in Oakham in Rutland in the east midlands, however, the fleet currently lives ooop north in Lancashire with my parents at the moment. Would be nice to find storage somewhere closer; I do harbour dreams about having a Green Goddess as well some time soon.... We'll see!

Cheers,

Duncan.

Haha - you say you fancy an ambulance, mine was a labour of love having bought it from Blanchards in 2007. It's needed a lot of work and TLC to get it up and running properly but it 75% of the way there now! Re-built gearbox, Turner stage 1 head and have just bought an overdrive so that's a job for the winter...... Still - all good fun, bags of character and you always get lots of stares! :-D

Thanks for the welcomes guys! Very kind.

Next job on the ambi is to get the overdrive I've just bought on eBay fitted, which may improve the fuel consumption and reduce noise levels a touch. Hope it's OK - but that's the gamble ypou take buying one via eBay I guess - makes it exciting! Must get some pics up....

Makes me wish I had more regular access to my Land Rovers which are trapped up north with my parents at the mo due to no storage here in Rutland, hence the please in the 'storage' thread. Other than that, it might be a wander around local farms....

Likewise, if anyone has a Green Goddess to be offloaded in the next few months i might be (easily) persuaded, by which time I might have some space.... :yay:

D

• 3 weeks later...

...and in a fit of 'ooo, there's some cash in the bank', the dream of owning a Green Goddess has come true and I bought PGW 326 last week. Take delivery in November some time, just the minor matter of where to store it now....!

In decent nick - it's been kept under cover for the last few years which makes a massive difference. With the front offside brake binding and the rear roof which needs stripping and replacing - that's about it! Just a good wash and polish. Updates as they happen!

Cheers, Duncan.

IMG-20111010-00013.jpg

IMG-20111010-00014.jpg