Yet another Jeep

dog107

Hi

Just for information.

This woodland, know as Woodhouse Ridge, was the first public park in Leeds. For about 60 years it was a very formal park, with gardeners and the like. The beech you can see forms the end tree of an avenue of beech trees running down to the beck. Since the late 40's the park has had less and less attention, basically being left to its own devices. There is a small group of us who do what we can to look after the woodland.

cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

meanwood ridge is on the steep escarpment on the south side of Meanwood Road. Although the wood is open to the public I only get to drive my jeep there as I'm part of the voluntary group that looks after it. It's a long time since I have played at Tong. Back in the good old days of the pennine land rover club. I can't afford or don't want to pay the £50 for the off road days. I guess it's these off road days that are making the course less damaging. You have a whole load of people with no experience and badly prepared or unsuitable vehicles trying to get round. So you minimise the risk of damage and recoveries.

cheers

michael