Bedford MJ/MK Fuel Filter?

andym

In my continuing search for an Abbot fuel lift pump inlet filter, I've been told that it's the same pump as the MJ/MK. Does anyone have a drawing of the pump and filter as mounted in the tank? That may give me another option to consider.

Andy

In my continuing search for an Abbot fuel lift pump inlet filter, I've been told that it's the same pump as the MJ/MK. Does anyone have a drawing of the pump and filter as mounted in the tank? That may give me another option to consider.

Andy

Hi Andy,

It was only the MK (multifuel) that had an electrical fuel pump, not in the tank, but as David says, mounted on the chassis by the tank, there was a separate filter housing not unlike an oil filter, next to it. I cannot scan the picture of the pump at present, but can give you these numbers to check, NSN for pump is 6MT12/2910-99-881-4425, Fuel Pressurising Pump No2 Mk1 and FV342593

Hi Andy,

It was only the MK (multifuel) that had an electrical fuel pump, not in the tank, but as David says, mounted on the chassis by the tank, there was a separate filter housing not unlike an oil filter, next to it. I cannot scan the picture of the pump at present, but can give you these numbers to check, NSN for pump is 6MT12/2910-99-881-4425, Fuel Pressurising Pump No2 Mk1 and FV342593

That's definitely the same pump, but if it has a separate filter then unfortunately it won't help - I'm looking for something that mounts directly on the pump inlet. Thanks anyway!

Andy

sorry got wrong end of stick there are 2 filters on the mk i between the tank and the pump and also 1 near the engine pump the numbers for the engine 1 is 7984288 it has 2 pipe fittings on the top and is mounted next to the injector pump so might be correct it is a metal case that goes between the top fitting and the bottom case with a pipe and mounting bolt througth the centre about 3 inches deep i think

if you can post a picture of yours i will see if it looks the same

Edited by David Ives

Unfortunately I don't have a drawing to hand, but the Abbot filter is like a gauze top hat that sits over the nose of the pump. The brim of the hat has the same dimensions as the pump mounting flange, so it's sandwiched between the pump flange and the tank when assembled. Does that make sense?

Andy