How much r they worth SLR and No.4

ferrettkitt

I have been offered a SLR and No.4 how much are they worth now? I haven't seen either of the deacs yet so I know very little about them

Does it make any difference if the SLR has wood or plastic furniture?

Depends if new or old spec for the deac, slr old spec £500-£700, new spec £200-£350 depending on condition etc.

I paid £220 for my No4, and similar for my new spec slr.

Hope this helps?

Mark

It also depends which date period you want to stay in with your weapons. Woodern SLR's were used upto a certain period, then NBC stuff came in to action and they changed furniture to plastic, in the 80's I think as plastic was easy to wrip down if chemicals got on them as wood would have soaked any chemicals and stay on there for a while. I not sure on prices, but I'm looking to join a reenactment group covering either the 80's or 90's, know of any?

All the best Trevor the barber

I have been offered a SLR and No.4 how much are they worth now? I haven't seen either of the deacs yet so I know very little about them

Does it make any difference if the SLR has wood or plastic furniture?

It also depends which date period you want to stay in with your weapons. Woodern SLR's were used upto a certain period, then NBC stuff came in to action and they changed furniture to plastic, in the 80's I think as plastic was easy to wrip down if chemicals got on them as wood would have soaked any chemicals and stay on there for a while. I not sure on prices, but I'm looking to join a reenactment group covering either the 80's or 90's, know of any?

Forces 80 seems to ring a bell for that kind of period. They have a really good website with plenty of info http://www.forces80.com/

Tar for the info all the same its always appreciated even if I forget to say thank you.

also combined operations british armed forces living history 1980-2000 :)

we are also on face book

we are based in bristol and do shows in the south and south west

I had a look at the SLR and the SMLE tonight both are pre 1995. The SLR comes with three magazines and is fitted with wooden furniture but it come with the plastic furniture as well :). The SMLE comes with its bayonet and looks to be in reasonable condition.

I'll post up the pics when I collect them

• 4 months later...

Both were deactivated in 1990 in Birmingham. The gentleman that I bought them had been offered £900 for the pair by a dealer. He decided that he would prefer that they went to someone local. :)

SLR pictures first

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55779[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55780[/ATTACH]

SMLE pictures see below

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?28109-SMLE-WW1-vintage/page2&highlight=smle

Edited by ferrettkitt
spelling

Yooooou luuuucky..............:iamsmiling:

I know the previous owner works at the same place as my better half Janine, he saw the RB44 and decided he would offer them to me :D All he wanted was enough money to buy a decent size shed.

Andy the wooden furniture looks way too clean.

You need some "authentic" stenciled number on the butt! The SLRs in most units had braille scale sized stencil numbers on them from what my memory banks have on file.

R

Plastic or wooden butt? I'll leave alone I'll only spoil it

Have to say I have fired the SLR in anger, it is so much better than this so called THE Rifle. Muzzel volicety 2750ft per second. When it hit the Tgt sayed hit not like this new thingy. Loved the SLR and have fired both with wood and plastic . Does not make a blind diffrence at all. To add i have used the them with the old battle sights and the newer sights. 22 yrs RAF Regiment 72--94 also Boy service army 69

Have to say I have fired the SLR in anger, it is so much better than this so called THE Rifle. Muzzel volicety 2750ft per second. When it hit the Tgt sayed hit not like this new thingy. Loved the SLR and have fired both with wood and plastic . Does not make a blind diffrence at all. To add i have used the them with the old battle sights and the newer sights. 22 yrs RAF Regiment 72--94 also Boy service army 69

especially when on matchstick full auto eh :D