Winter Meetings anyone....?

Steve 82

Question

Just a thought but…….

Why is it as a hobby we seem to hold virtually no winter meetings ? Granted, there are several indoor fairs and, the occasional `chilblane` run but, as a whole, in the colder months we down-tools. Given the capability of our vehicles, our military standard camping gear / heaters etc and of course, the challenge of operating the kit under these conditions, it’s a pity that more do not fancy a bit of winter fun and games at least once over the colder months.

It may be that local events would stand a better chance of succeeding and, I will try to gauge interest locally (Worcestershire) over the next few months. However, it would be good to hear peoples thoughts from different areas.

Dreaming of the snow (not the Beltring kind),

Steve W.

Edited by Steve 82

6 answers to this question

The best place for winter meetings is a warm pub with a roraing log fire! :D Dodge weapons carrier, with heater? Better work on doors first! Still, I have to say it is very satifsfying to be driving happily along in a 70 year old vehicle in the snow, whilst all the Modern BMWs are skidding helplessly on the rubber bands put round the wheels.

Hi,I'm not sure that I would want to do the full nine yards and camp during the winter as such.:rolleyes:

But a get together in the winter staying at a small hotel with a get together on the Saturday evening and throw in a couple of road runs sounds a good idea.

Gary