Ardennes Memorial Vehicles & Guns

I did a mini-tour of the area around La-Roche-en-Ardenne in August 2008 & managed to find plenty of stuff to keep me interested... :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pyewipe-jct/collections/72157626677539144/

Unfortunately our time ran out before we could cover all of the sites I'd planned to visit, especially those in Luxembourg, but hopefully we'll be going back in the not-too-distant future & be able to stay for a bit longer. With or without the military interest, though, it's a lovely place & the people we met were some of the friendliest I've encountered anywhere.

Kevin

• 4 months later...

x2 on the people and the place! We love La-Roche and the area around. It's difficult to comprehend the town was all but levelled during the war. Interesting museum there too. We found a self catering chalet site just outside town and it's ideal as a base for exploring the area. Lots for the rest of the family to do as well if they're not into military history.

Somewhat off topic, last time we were there we headed east to see the Rhine. Only now do we realise how close we were to the Blockbuster UXB recently found in Koblenz!:shocked: