Hello from Tewkesbury UK

I have a 1975 Mitsubishi Model J26 Jeep which is based on the CJ3-B (M909?)

5 years ago if I'd of known how rare this thing is I probably wouldn't have bought

it but then again I wouldn't have had so much fun.

Engine is a 2.6 Ltr petrol 4G53 4 cylinder ASTRON.

Gearbox is 4 speed with a Hi/Lo box and, to get it above 50 without the engine exploding, I've had a Warn Overdrive fitted plus 16" rims.

Aparently the J20 series were used for Shore Patrol work in Vietnam but as mine was made in '75 it's very unlikely to have been anywhere other than Japan and here. It was imported by Colt UK which makes me think it was only ever a "civillian".

I look forward to learning more about Jeeps from the same era and hopefully finding a solution to a gearbox problem. I've already posted the question in the American vehicle forum. :)

Cheers,

Bern

Welcome,

I have a 1991 Mitsubishi SJ-53 version of the CJ, and as you say, it's fun, but if I'd known I'd have to wait weeks for spares, I'd never have got it.

I am sure you will find out all you need to know about Jeeps on the forum.

I have a 1975 Mitsubishi Model J26 Jeep which is based on the CJ3-B (M909?)

5 years ago if I'd of known how rare this thing is I probably wouldn't have bought

it but then again I wouldn't have had so much fun.

Engine is a 2.6 Ltr petrol 4G53 4 cylinder ASTRON.

Gearbox is 4 speed with a Hi/Lo box and, to get it above 50 without the engine exploding, I've had a Warn Overdrive fitted plus 16" rims.

Aparently the J20 series were used for Shore Patrol work in Vietnam but as mine was made in '75 it's very unlikely to have been anywhere other than Japan and here. It was imported by Colt UK which makes me think it was only ever a "civillian".

I look forward to learning more about Jeeps from the same era and hopefully finding a solution to a gearbox problem. I've already posted the question in the American vehicle forum. :)

Cheers,

Bern

Welcome Bern, but had you bought a UK based vehicle you may have been able to pilther assistance from Ashchurch depot :D...I used to work in Tewkesbury some years back. Lovely place. I remember the Black Bear fondly!

Giles, Rover & TonyB,

Many thanks for the welcome.

The Mill is now closed but the building still stands.

I read an article on Ashchurch last year - during WWII they certainly put some kits together!

The Black Bear was used in a film a couple of years ago, I agree nice place.

Cheers folks,

Bern

Tewkesbury

(That's not an instruction)