Telly worth watching !!

Willyslancs

This sounds good!

Channel 5 ,Tuesday 12th July, 8.00 p.m .

Monster moves, A spitfire is taken apart to be shipped from Britain to America.:coffee:

I'm sure it's a good show, though I hate the artificial jeopardy in this series, but a Spitfire is hardly a "monster" move, you take the wings off and stick it in a container! Simples.

jch

I believe this series has already been aired on Satellite (Discovery Channel UK) - saying that, Channel 5 are putting on some great documentaries at the moment.

I like the format of Eddie Stobart - Trucks and Trailers, they have used the same format to create a documentary about a Digger Rental Company - which was interesting.

I'm sure it's a good show, though I hate the artificial jeopardy in this series, but a Spitfire is hardly a "monster" move, you take the wings off and stick it in a container! Simples.

jch

Oh well saves watching it now lol :n00b:

I like the format of Eddie Stobart - Trucks and Trailers, they have used the same format to create a documentary about a Digger Rental Company - which was interesting.

Did you see FV432 in one corner of the yard? H E Services is the company involved I think.

I didn't see a 432 - I will have a look back on catch-up.

The same company appears to own the "Diggerland" attractions throughout the country.

I am looking forward to next weeks episode - I can't believe he put that mast through his Window!

I hate the artificial jeopardy in this series

Just this series?:)

It is one of my biggest moans about what could be very good programes all over the networks.

This "if this goes wrong now someone will die" stuff..... which never actually happens, drives me insane, why do programe makers think it is needed?

Just this series?:)

It is one of my biggest moans about what could be very good programes all over the networks.

This "if this goes wrong now someone will die" stuff..... which never actually happens, drives me insane, why do programe makers think it is needed?

The "high drama" sells the programs to the great unwashed public who have no idea of the realities of such things.

If you talk to any media person they will say that there is very little if any market for programs that cover the realities without hyping the risk these days. Sad - but there you are .....

This sounds good!

Channel 5 ,Tuesday 12th July, 8.00 p.m .

Monster moves, A spitfire is taken apart to be shipped from Britain to America.:coffee:

Most informative programme, I found out that the Tiger Moth was used in WW1...:nut:

jch

the eddie stobbart series was rubbish, never seen any thing so boring ,hardly ice road truckers was it?

Hear Hear!!!

20000 litres of DERV from Cheshire to Carlisle up the M6 is not in the same league as driving across a frozen lake (although if that was too dangerous it would never happen!)