Horses Help Heros - Are they coming past you?

Horses help heros are about to leave from lands end this morning.

This challenge is for a team of wounded servicemen and their support crew, to drive a horse–drawn replica WW1 ambulance, 1,000 miles from Land’s End to John O’Groats, travelling non–stop, 24 hours a day, to raise £1 million to support wounded servicemen and women.

If their route passes near to you PLEASE come out and support them, maybe bring your change pots and throw a few pennies in if you can but if you can only to cheer them on and lift their spirits it will help!

My lovely fiancee is on this challenge so if you see John please tell him I miss him like crazy im gutted im not able to come and support the guys on this challenge :undecided:

horseshelpheroes-map-v5.gif

There is a schedule of their Route and planned arrival times at different points here SCHEDULE

SOD THAT!! Those guys have got some guts! Ride horses yes, when your on their backs they are telling you what they are going to do. Drive them, no chance! My quick estimates you'll need about 40 horses and take about 150 hours. They will diffinitley be working for the money.

P.S. You can be done drunk in charge for a horse and cart.

Fantastic Paul be great to know people are still going out to cheer them on, i know theyve had more problems today and the weather this morning hasnt been on their side :undecided:

I waited from 21.00 and they came by about 22.00, the weather on their way up to Taunton must have been awful, but had improved this evening. I'm sure they will have had a great reception at Podimore as several people stopped and asked me the way there, and had they been by yet.

manage to catch up with them at a layby at Stokesay, just out of Craven Arms, Shropshire on the A49.

It turned out the layby was to be used for a horse change so managed to get the pic below with a field of poppies in the rear which seemed quite apt.

24062011028.jpg

i know they were running late but the large amount of support waiting for them in Craven Arms was very good to see, so i hope they have that continue on there travels.

I have now spent the past 3/4 days on this 'challenge' due to health and safety issues.

In my personal first hand opinion things could not be futher from the truth from what you will see, we are animal lovers, we believe in safety and believe in doing whats right and not in self promotion.

We are no longer on this challenge and have returned home. Enough said

I have now spent the past 3/4 days on this 'challenge' due to health and safety issues.

In my personal first hand opinion things could not be futher from the truth from what you will see, we are animal lovers, we believe in safety and believe in doing whats right and not in self promotion.

We are no longer on this challenge and have returned home. Enough said

I have missed something. Has there been some bad press??