Normandy 2011

Some pics from my recent Normandy trip, others (or a link to them) to follow. Most of these were taken at the LH British encampment at Tilly Sur Seules and try to show what was going off - mainly 25 pounders! :), others are of veterans at Ver etc.

ndy 11 040a.JPG

ndy 11 009a.JPG

ndy 11 039a.JPG

ndy 11 025a.JPG

ndy 11 031a.JPG

ndy 11 135a.JPG

ndy 11 062a.JPG

ndy 11 068a.JPG

ndy 11 024a.JPG

ndy 11 020a.JPG

ndy 11 103a.JPG

ndy 11 124a.JPG

ndy 11 018a.JPG

ndy 11 100a.JPG

ndy 11 059a.JPG

ndy 11 055a.JPG

ndy 11 149a.JPG

ndy 11 202a.JPG

ndy 11 210a.JPG

ndy 11 027a.JPG

Nice photo's and thanks for posting them!

Shame about the weather (by the looks of it), also looks like the group have moved further inland from where they were when I saw them in 2009. A chap I spoke to at Overlord mentioned something about having to move from where they were if I remember correctly though.

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the splendid pictures. Had you made yourself known we could have offered you a guided tour!

The weather was lovely up until late in the evening Saturday - a spectacular electric storm followed by drizzle pretty much all day Sunday and Monday morning. Back to good weather Monday afternoon and Tuesday though.

There is no question of our "having to move from where they were". We chose to go to Tilly sur Seulles in 2011 for two reasons -

1) because we were asked to come to Tilly following our successful day out there in 2009

2) to emphasis the fact that the battle of Normandy may have begun on the beaches on 6th June 1944, but finished 6-7 weeks later, a long way away!

We'll be back in Ver sur Mer for the 75th Anniversary in June 2014, to which those of you with WW2 British (go on then, WW2 British marked :-)) vehicles are most cordially invited.

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the splendid pictures. Had you made yourself known we could have offered you a guided tour!

The weather was lovely up until late in the evening Saturday - a spectacular electric storm followed by drizzle pretty much all day Sunday and Monday morning. Back to good weather Monday afternoon and Tuesday though.

There is no question of our "having to move from where they were". We chose to go to Tilly sur Seulles in 2011 for two reasons -

1) because we were asked to come to Tilly following our successful day out there in 2009

2) to emphasis the fact that the battle of Normandy may have begun on the beaches on 6th June 1944, but finished 6-7 weeks later, a long way away!

We'll be back in Ver sur Mer for the 75th Anniversary in June 2014, to which those of you with WW2 British (go on then, WW2 British marked :-)) vehicles are most cordially invited.

Hi Geoff, thanks for an answer reg the move (I wasn't trying to stir up any trouble). No harm in moving around as as you say the Normandy campaign wasn't just consigned to the beachheads.

Thought you had an excellent set-up when I saw it first hand in 2009 and look forward to seeing it again in the future.

Scott

Hi Scott.

Wouldn't want to imply any such thing mate. Best to nip these rumours in the bud though.

Thanks for your kind words too. We hope to be bigger, better and perhaps a couple of days longer in 2014 - more organised "runs out" and more time for self-managed exploring too.

Maybe see you there? We always need good blokes and appropriate vehicles.

Yes I know yours are fifties, but there's time yet............. :D

Hi Scott.

Wouldn't want to imply any such thing mate. Best to nip these rumours in the bud though.

Thanks for your kind words too. We hope to be bigger, better and perhaps a couple of days longer in 2014 - more organised "runs out" and more time for self-managed exploring too.

Maybe see you there? We always need good blokes and appropriate vehicles.

Yes I know yours are fifties, but there's time yet............. :D

No worries Geoff as you say best to put things right :D.

Excellent news reg 2014 looking forward to returning once again.

Haha yes there is still time yet to change that.

By the way "No Signals" (Are we banned then? Wouldn't surprise me!) may I use some of you splendid photos on the "official" camp website please?

I'll make sure that they're properly credited.

'Ere, have just realised I'm in the background of the one with the vets and our pal the Gendarme (Sgt major in fact) at Ver sur Mer!

Edited by geoffleese