Military Paint types?

Nigelr32

Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to discover what blend all this lovely military paint is??

Is it enamel, cellulose or acrylic. Do you thin it before spraying, or is useable straight out of the tin?

I'd also like to know what make of red oxide you all use on your restorations. I assume you all use red oxide for it;s originality??

2 answers to this question

Hi all,

I'm trying to discover what blend all this lovely military paint is??

Is it enamel, cellulose or acrylic. Do you thin it before spraying, or is useable straight out of the tin?

I'd also like to know what make of red oxide you all use on your restorations. I assume you all use red oxide for it;s originality??

Hi Nigel I have just used Zinc Phosphate Grey Primer & Dark Olive Green for my British GPW, both are mixed with White Spirit rather than cellulose thinners which mean you dont get a reaction with other paints and you can spray it outdoors on hots days (if we have any more) without it drying as it comes out the nozel.

Hi Nigel I have just used Zinc Phosphate Grey Primer & Dark Olive Green for my British GPW, both are mixed with White Spirit rather than cellulose thinners which mean you dont get a reaction with other paints and you can spray it outdoors on hots days (if we have any more) without it drying as it comes out the nozel.

I've just bought and used a pot of nato matt from tradepaintsUK (from ebay) It too was white spirit based. Seems ok.