'nother new 'un

lightweight

Evening Ladies and Gents.

Found you after a random google search for others daft enough to own elderly military vehicles. I currently have a 1973 Lightweight Land Rover GS and a Sankey Tool trailer - although I am selling both to finance the purchase of something 1940's and in the 15cwt range - Fordson, Morris, Bedford - whatever comes my way!

My son is hugely interested in the whole re-enactment scene and we go to most shows in the South-East. I look forward to chatting with you all.

You are most welcome here lightweight, and i commend you for dismissing so quickly the idea of a GMC :lol: and Jack it wont work mate I know what you are upto now :n00b:

Sorry Mark :oops: trying to make folks see sense - you are just in denial, admit it you frustrated Jimmy owner :cry:

welcome welcome,

Brit or US as long as you love the truck it doesn't matter,

being a half owner (with my other half) of 1 of each i can tell you they have different qualities. I love my GMC to bits but we can't bear to part with the MW.

good luck in your quest

Berni

.....is this a banning offence anyone? :x

Yessssss :pfrt: :pfrt:

I would love a nice old british truck but getting something as good as a GMC ,with the abundance of spares available there is only one choice in my mind.

I'm not bothered whether War time or post war, American or British they are all great historic vehicles.

I put it down to the uniform.

If you are the kind of person (and I am!) that wears the ensemble to go with the vehicle, you are far better off as an American!

I wouldn't have wanted to be wearing British woolies at this years War & Peace - way too hot!

Hmm, walked in BD last Summer in Holland at about the same temp as Beltring.

It did get hot.....

P.S, US infantry wear woollen pants :evil: maybe a reason why so many do Airborne?