I've got a Jeep!!

Nigelr32

Hi all,

Thanks to this wonderful site I have viewed a '44GPW and paid a deposit on it.

It's being delivered next week, so I'll get some pictures up then.

It will be a full nut and bolt restoration, so you'll all have yet another blog to watch.

Thanks for your replies all. i certainly will enjoy the restoration, it's the oldest car I've ever owned.

I'll tell you all where it came from once I've actually got it in my Garage. I've known lots of deals fall through on me before they actually come to fruition!!

Good luck with it mate, your only a couple of weeks behind me. That said Ive got a house move coming up so no doubt that will impact...good news is new place has a double garage and a workshop !!! YAY :cheesy:. I know what you mean about old, my jeep is older than all the cars Ive had put together !

Well, the Jeep is finally home!!

I will get stuck in straight away this afternoon with a massive photo session in every nook and cranny, then soak all the nuts and bolts in plus gas.

I bought the Jeep from Nick Johns, who kindly delivered it all the way from london. Thanks Nick, you're a true Gentleman!!!

I look forward to getting stuck into all the restoration work. I actually enjoy fabrication and welding, so I'll probably have a lot of fun puttin Bubba's work right. I'll start a Blog in the restorations section as soon as work begins.

Well, it's just two days now before it'll be in my garage, so I thought I'd show you all a piccy.

027.jpg

There's some old fat bloke sat in it who looks remarkably like me???

Hi Nige, welcome to the forum, the Jeep looks pretty good, the mail fist of 6th Armoured Division evokes a few memories, I drove Jeeps and trucks in Germany in the mid fifties when I served in a REME tank workshops (6 Armd Div) Keep us posted on your progress. :kissoncheek::kissoncheek: