best insurer?

skapunkninja

Apologies if this has been brought up dozens of times before (which I suspect it probably has been!)

Who do people use to insure their classic vehicles? I've been quoted £300 by Adrian flux for my '43 willys jeep, which seems a lot to me.

Any other recommendations?

I tried Footman James, very knowledgable, very friendly and an excellent package offered,they also have their Banner on this site and support HMVF.

Got a great quote then lost out on the truck hey ho:mad:

For my 432 and 433 I spoke to FJ, Carole Nash and Premium Choice/Roadsure. The quotes were all about the same but I went with Roadsure in the end (~£150 for the two vehicles) because they seemed more interested and knowledgable on the 'phone.

Andy

I went with Roadsure in the end (~£150 for the two vehicles) because they seemed more interested and knowledgable on the 'phone. Andy

Yes I've been with Roadsure through their various ups & downs and name changes over the years (BTW they are now Cherished Vehicle Insurance!)

My bill this year was £412.50 for comprehensive cover which is very reasonable

Shorland £4k

Pig £4k

Wolf 90 £15k

Wolf 110 £16.5k

The last two required a set of photos & explanation. But they do have people who seem to know the markets.

You talks to the people and you take your choice. My preference is Roadsure. I've bene with them years and have my 4x4 with them as well. My Son has gone with Footman James, they are better for young drivers. Fun will come in September when Dodge is due for re-newal and Katy will come on fleet plus (hopefully) the LWB Series 2a. Tom will be twenty three, lets see if the being fair to young male drivers plan works. Incidentally I have both male and female colleagues at work. We are all proffesional and I'd trust any of them.