Wot not to do

boomboom

Started to put the westcoast mirrors on the AM General ....Took the old ones off so i have a blank canvas to work from Fix bottom mirror support arm so get down to get the top one then jumped up again to fix the top one and jump straight into the support arm blood trickling down my face ....sat and had a smoke Started back at the job and fixed the top support bracket made sure it was still loose only for it to swing round and hit me in the face cutting my eyebrow.....Had a smoke ..Then started back at it jumped up on the step to fix the mirror on PERFECT so i grab the door handle to sit in and have a look at the veiw from them and slip on the spanner that was lying on the step and slid down the step on my arse on the floor By now my head has gone completly so i bend down to pick a hammer up to throw at the spanner and as i straighten up i hit my neck on the door that has swung open so i slams the door and throws the hammer at the spanner and hits a 17mm ring spanner instead and that flies up and hits me between the legs so i throw the hammer at the wall and that rebounds off the zinc and flies back and smashes the rear light lens on the truck so i go home and the wife says to me have you been fighting again and i shout YES with the truck and the truck won

I kid you not this is how it happened blow by blow

boomboom

I'm really sorry as well, as I'm having trouble typing this whilst laughing!

Somedays you're the windshield, somedays you're the bug... Must be a bug day today for you...

Not to worry, I'm sure it won't be long before you're laughing at one of my many mishaps!

All the best, Glen.

Looking back at that day now it is funny and i think wot sort of prat was i But i should have just stayed in bed instead of doing it on my own and ending up like the elephant man.......

But how many of us has had a day like that and the stupid things we do ???:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bloodyboomboom:D

We've all had days like that! that made me laugh though! Reminds me of a series 2 landy I had, I was changing the door tops, I was on the divers side and one of the bolts had snapped off and rusted in the door. I had limited tools where I was and when I snapped the one sharpish drill bit I had, I lost my temper... I balanced a punch in the hole in the half drilled stud and belted it with a club hammer as hard as I could... I watched, as if in slow motion, the punch fly through the cab and smash out the glass in the brand new door top that I had just put in the other side. These vehicles love to test us now and then! :D

If the truck is possessed you could call it Damien out of the Omen......

mmmmmmmm I think you got something there GENERAL DAMIEN accross the bonnet ???? But i just had a thought if i named him that the bugger might draw blood again ( MY BLOOD ):cry:

boomboom

Helping out a friend last few weeks.

Hit my head a few times (what's up with these miniature British doorways?), 1 time on a sheds loft against a steel I-beam, nice lump on head. >:(

Yesterday I was walking without shoes and hit my right foot (toes) against a little ledge. The 2nd toe has a blue joint with blue stripes running towards the foot on both sides. :-X

It doesn't hurt anymore but when it happened I used some carefully chosen words... :angry

:clap:

Helping out a friend last few weeks.

Hit my head a few times (what's up with these miniature British doorways?), 1 time on a sheds loft against a steel I-beam, nice lump on head. >:(

Yesterday I was walking without shoes and hit my right foot (toes) against a little ledge. The 2nd toe has a blue joint with blue stripes running towards the foot on both sides. :-X

It doesn't hurt anymore but when it happened I used some carefully chosen words... :angry

Glad its not just me:clap:

Boomboom

UK doors used to be an average 2030 x 815mm or 80 x 32inches for those educated before 1-1-1970. Often in modern mass market british housing doors are now 1980 x 760mm 78 x 30inches so how tall are you then:???

I am 180 CM but was refering to those old cottages....autsch.

Hi Guys

I went back up the Truck today and there is still blood on the step ( dosnt matter as i am spraying her anyway BUT i have a problem can anyone answer this problem ? HOW do i stop a pigeon from crapin on my bonnet without putin a hole in my windscreen or a dent in the truck as it has taken to roosting on the bonnet:banghead:

boomboom

Got it sorted guys

And it involves a alloy saucer of water with some corn in / a bit of rubber matting and a lenth of 2 core cable backed up by 240 volts:D

And who said i would enjoy a toothpain:D

boomboom

• 2 months later...

I have seen the scar on Boombooms head this weekend!!!

After reading this its made me laugh out loud again!!!! Mind you it did remind me of the time R cubes truck dislocated 2 and broke 1 of my fingers :mad::mad::mad: