Recently joined, and wanting to say hello.

gemski

Hello. my name is Gerard, or Gem if you prefer.. I drive an ex military 1967 land rover series 2a 109, and proud of it. I have always had an interest in military vehicles, but mostly since living in the west country, where there seems to be a lot. I think it's the size of them, and the go anywhere ability, and the noise they make!!

My main interest is music, and run a small stage at festivals, am a sound engineer with a recording studio, and in three bands, playing drumkit, and guitar.

But I have also got back into mechanics, and am enjoying repairing and improving my vehicle, knowing it has had a pretty tough but serviced life in the army.

I stumbled upon your fine forum looking for info about a brockhouse trailer, and I think I'll hang about a bit, if you don't mind?

Thanks for having me.

Gem

Thanks all for the welcome. I play, and have played a variety of different music styles, currently residing somewhere between folk and jazz, (must be getting old)... I play guitar, and drum kit, also other instruments too if I have to.. I run a sound system, and record people.

Nice to meet some more Landy folk, I was taken with the old Landies, particularly the military ones, almost overnight, and spent some time investigating which type I wanted, settling with a series 2a, which I have been tweaking ever since, (just recently passed it's second MOT with me).

I have joined a few forums, which to be honest has taught me more about mechanics, and how helpful and caring people can be than I have found for years! Bless them all.

I may just have a browse around now and see what else there is to learn.

Thanks again.

Gem