Who locked me out ! !

private mw

Question

Well thanks, Jack - and about bloody time too!!!

Hobnobs - anyone remember that brilliant ad when they launched the chocolate version -

"Chocolate now has Hobnobs underneath"

Apologies in advance to Rosie (and any othe fermale members)

I thought all Hobnobs started off as choclate to save on production costs.

The only difference is that the plain ones pass through a production line of women who remove the chocolate prior to packing.:)

Don't laugh. Bloke at works mother used to do just this at Christmas with chocolate almonds.

Mike

Apologies in advance to Rosie (and any othe fermale members)

I thought all Hobnobs started off as choclate to save on production costs.

The only difference is that the plain ones pass through a production line of women who remove the chocolate prior to packing.:)

Don't laugh. Bloke at works mother used to do just this at Christmas with chocolate almonds.

Mike

What a clever idea!!!!!!!! mmmmmmm I like the idea of licking the chocolate off before packaging :-D:cool2:;):shocked::shocked:

Oh and by the way, I have never been locked out (Jack knows not too upset me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Not directly related to being locked out of the forum, but is there a forum guru out there who can advise please....

I access HMVF in one of three ways, from my PC at work via a wired connection straight out the the internet, from my home PC via BT Broadband (again a wired connection, not wireless), or mobile via Vodafone 3G wireless.

Access to the forum from work or via Vodafone works perfectly, and pages load quickly at all times.

If I try to access it from my home PC though, every page times out (although sometimes after refreshing two or three times the page will load) with the message along the lines that the server at HMVF is taking too long to respond. This happens every time, without fail!

Apart from the connection method, the other significant difference is that the work and mobile PCs are running XP Pro and XP Home editions of the OS respectively, the home PC is running 2000 Pro. In all cases I am using the latest available version of Firefox (I haven't tried using IE to see if that makes a difference, must try that). The home PC is older and slower than the others, but not by that much.

I am also a member of various other forums which all work fine; this only happens with HMVF. All other webpages I have visited seem ok too.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? It's a pain because it is completely impractical to access this forum from home at the moment.

Thanks.

..... the other significant difference is that the work and mobile PCs are running XP Pro and XP Home editions of the OS respectively, the home PC is running 2000 Pro. In all cases I am using the latest available version of Firefox (I haven't tried using IE to see if that makes a difference, must try that). The home PC is older and slower than the others, but not by that much.

I am also a member of various other forums which all work fine; this only happens with HMVF. All other webpages I have visited seem ok too.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? It's a pain because it is completely impractical to access this forum from home at the moment.

Thanks.

I am replying using a HP Laptop which is P3 1GHz 512MB ram with a PCMCIA wifi card running Windows 2000 SP4 and the lastest version of Firefox.

It is not really fast enough for video but is fine browsing websites and forums, checking email, eBay etc.

I keep my main desktop PC running XP SP2 offline minimising risk of viruses.