105mm howitzer ammunition

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction what ammunitiion did the m4(105) sherman use ?

Stupid question time, is it the same as the M2 105mm howitzer ?

I have read thru the tm-9-1900 manual of ordinance but cant find any reference

any thanks in advance

Iain

Edited by sharky
spelling mistake in title (doh)

adrian ,

many thanks next mission to find some .

If your ever passing call in have a look over our 105

iain

Sharky, they are available, they have fits and bursts of price fluctuations. At present they are about £150. try the British Ordnance Collectors forum. Or if desperate, i can ask a friend of mine who seems to be able to source ordnance. pm if interested.

Ah, i recognise that round.

Adrian, i picked it up a long time ago and never investigated the markings - never thought to.

The cartridge case is 105mm and war time dated, how should it be marked? I was like that when i got it.

Also, did you get my PM about turret baskets?

That round did however set me on the trail of discovering just how many different types of crate the 105mm wartime rounds came in.......

Regards

Ken

Thanks, no rush ref the PM, just wanted to make sure that it had 'landed'. I am skint anyway, so to some extent the questions are academic at this moment in time.

Thankyou for the info on this round, i will get it remarked in due course.

Regards

Ken

Sharky, they are available, they have fits and bursts of price fluctuations. At present they are about £150. try the British Ordnance Collectors forum. Or if desperate, i can ask a friend of mine who seems to be able to source ordnance. pm if interested.

Many thanks may have a lead on some empty cases so my need a pattern to make some dummy projectiles but that'll be a way off yet

Adrian just let me know when your in this neck of the woods

iain

Ah, i recognise that round.

Adrian, i picked it up a long time ago and never investigated the markings - never thought to.

The cartridge case is 105mm and war time dated, how should it be marked? I was like that when i got it.

Also, did you get my PM about turret baskets?

That round did however set me on the trail of discovering just how many different types of crate the 105mm wartime rounds came in.......

Regards

Ken

Oops sorry about posting the pic and it being wrongly marked!!!!!! but now you know :cool2: