Life is good

Great War truck

I have had a fairly grotty week with all sorts of things going wrong. However, sometimes every now and again something happens which really brightens my day and makes problems go away.

While driving home today some boy racer in a tarted up Peugeot was determined to overtake me. I am driving along a windy b road (and not hanging about either) and this Peugeot was driving right behind me on the wrong side of the road and weaving in and out. After a couple of miles of this he eventually makes his break for it, speeds off and sadly for him runs into a 90 degree bend with no hope of making it. He does the sensible thing and goes straight through the hedge and into a field. I pull up to watch him get himself out of the mud and just before he makes it on to the road i pull out in front of him. Strangely enough he does not attempt to overtake me this time and in fact his speed is let us say much more suitable for such a windy road. Life is good.

I had a similar ammusing incident last weekend. I am parked in Reading and sat in my car when a Woman reverses into me when leaving her place. No damage that I can see, but I ask her for her insurance company, just in case. She refuses, and starts getting irrate. I write down her reg number, and she says why don't you get the Police, then? At that moment 2 Police Community Officers walk round the corner and I ask them to help me sort things out. The Woman driver went suddenly very quiet after this.

When camping a few years ago a car with boy racers started tearing around the campsite late a night waking up all the campers, this caused all the campers to come out of their tents to see what was happening, lucky for us he stuck it in a deep ditch, his appeal for assistance in removing the car fell on deaf ears and we all went back to bed with smiles on ours faces :laugh:.