Is everyone happy with........

Jack

Hi Jack,

Yes I'm happy with the site ,although I would like to see a military cross reference section. A place we can post cross reference part numbers etc and cheap suppliers.The reason I mention it is I've just purchased some kingpin bearings and after receiving them I phoned around with the part Numbers and could have got them a lot cheaper. The price for 4 bearings was £48 + Vat + postage, after a phone call I found I could have brought all 4 of them for £10+vat locally.

Just a thought.

Regards

Steve

P.S

I'm still waiting for my free super model :):):)

Hi Jack,

Yes I'm happy with the site ,although I would like to see a military cross reference section. A place we can post cross reference part numbers etc and cheap suppliers.The reason I mention it is I've just purchased some kingpin bearings and after receiving them I phoned around with the part Numbers and could have got them a lot cheaper. The price for 4 bearings was £48 + Vat + postage, after a phone call I found I could have brought all 4 of them for £10+vat locally.

Just a thought.

Regards

Steve

P.S

I'm still waiting for my free super model :):):)

I like this idea.............Joris, what can we do about that?

How about a reference library with copies of various manuals, parts lists etc in PDF form together with members reports on how to do the various maintenance tasks on their vehicles???

This one too,..................what do you think Joris?

Guest qtronics

Hi all,

Let me first say, that I love the site and it is the best I have found on the net, good work chaps.

One thing that I have been thinking about doing (although a site like this would be a much better place for it) is a type of Wikipedia for world war 2 stuff (and maybe other wars etc).

I might be alone in this, but I find it very hard to find good information on bunkers, emplacements, weapons, vehicles etc on the net and I feel there is a need for a place that could house it all and be contributed to by everyone.

i was thinking about using something like http://www.mediawiki.org for the site, however, my server does not currently support it and it will be 6 months or so until I switch to a new server (with unlimited bandwidth etc etc :-D )

any thoughts on this guys?

Cheers.

Al.

Rather than laboriously converting whole books to .pdf, what about just a listing of what TMs, manuals, books etc. everyone has? That way people can get in contact to ask for scans of particular sections or subjects. Maybe then these excerpts could be saved somewhere online for future reference.

- Mike

Guest qtronics

Jack, to be honest I have not got a clue. I started to install on the server and it didn’t work. Contacted my hosts, who told me they do not support it (due to the PHP side of things). Hence I have never installed it.

However from what I read about the install and setup of Mediawiki it should be pretty simple. The only problem I can see is advertising it and getting people to use it (add content etc).

Cheers.

Al.

Jack, to be honest I have not got a clue. I started to install on the server and it didn’t work. Contacted my hosts, who told me they do not support it (due to the PHP side of things). Hence I have never installed it.

However from what I read about the install and setup of Mediawiki it should be pretty simple. The only problem I can see is advertising it and getting people to use it (add content etc).

Cheers.

Al.

Hi Al.

Cracking idea and Joris has now worked his magic........quick question. What the hell we you do next :cry: :oops: :blush:

Guest qtronics

Cool, good stuff,

Right, time to start adding content then. It’s now up to everyone to add content, so choose your favourite subject and write something about it, trying to link in as many things as possible to similar pages of the wiki (should be easy at the moment)

I’ll put something together and stick it up in a little while

Btw, fast work guys.

Cheers.

Al.

Guest qtronics

Hi,

Call up the image tags, then make up the name of the image, ie. [[image:MyImageName.jpg]]

Save your page.

Then load up your page, you will see an a link where the image should be, click that, it will take you to an upload page, upload the image and add a comment to it, jobs done.

Hope that helps.

Al