Daimler Oil Pump

johnwardle

This may not be the right place for this post, please re-post in the approprite place.

I received a 'phone call yesterday from someone asking if I knew if the pre war Daimler straight eight engine was fitted to any Military Vehicles as he is restoring a 1937 Daimler limousine and the person who was rebuilding the engine 'lost' the oil pump!!!

Does any know if the above engine was fitted to any MVs? also did the engine used in the Dingo or Daimler armoured car use the same oil pump?

Finally has anyone got an oil pump yhat would fit a Daimler straight 8? Any help will be most welcome.

This may not be the right place for this post, please re-post in the approprite place.

I received a 'phone call yesterday from someone asking if I knew if the pre war Daimler straight eight engine was fitted to any Military Vehicles as he is restoring a 1937 Daimler limousine and the person who was rebuilding the engine 'lost' the oil pump!!!

Does any know if the above engine was fitted to any MVs? also did the engine used in the Dingo or Daimler armoured car use the same oil pump?

Finally has anyone got an oil pump yhat would fit a Daimler straight 8? Any help will be most welcome.

Hi John,

I am unaware of a straight eight Daimler engine being used in military vehicles, as for the Dingo and armoured car, they are both dry sump so have a double pump, ie main delivery and a scavenge, the limo is bound to be a wet sump type, so no options here.

regards, Richard