Arrrgh!!!!!!!

chevpol

Hi folks,

was photographing part of my uniform collection today, (on my site, hint hint!!!) when I heard a thud.

First thought it was the kitten falling off something, but it wasnt, it was the clothes rack!!

Guess they arnt designed to hold a load of uniforms.

Mark :cry:

2010_11290045.jpg

You want one of those rails that clothing shops use. They are a bit bigger and take LOTS more weight. Try asking in a shop that is closing down, to see what you can get. The rail you are using looks like an Argos product - definitely not for heavy uniforms.

Proper English Hunting coats are made from a cloth called Melton. Thick wool. We used to use a round fence post to hang them from, especially if wet. About the only thing that will hold them. Also NEVER use metal coat hangars!! They can rust and stain kit. Plastic wont take the weight so good old wood is best.The old fashioned clothes airier that had two pulleys attached to a roof beam are great for this type of kit as well you can spread everythig including tents over them and string up to dry, clean and reproof. If you have gagrage or workshop. I suggest string a couple of good pulley blocks up then hang a twelve foot wood round fence post from some good rope. Ideal tent airer.