Chevrolet USA number quiz!

G506

Ok, a little unusual this one. If I've managed to upload the two pictures correctly, you will see the rusty remains of Oddball's original bonnet. Just about visible are the digits making up the US number, so far I can read 310 at the beginning, which ties in perfectly with a truck in the 1 1/2 ton weight rang. Any of you clever MV folk fancy having a go at guessing the rest? Should be a further four(?) digits, so 310**** is likely.

Cheers!

DSCF2243.jpg

DSCF2240.jpg

Edited by G506

Had a fiddle on the photoshop but not much detail available, the 310 is quite clear but the rest is a bit of a challenge, I'm not so certain but the next two numbers could possibly be 21, while I'm 1% more confident that the last two could be 88 giving 3102188. Would this be a valid number for the vehicle? That's my best guess anyway, :??? I suspect someone else may be able to do better

Hello Spood,

a mate also had a fiddle with photoshop, but didnt have as much success as you! I have a couple more shots taken at different angles, will post them later.

USA 3102188 sounds reasonable, I will try to track down if that is a number issued to a Chev in '42

Thanks for that!

Hi Don,

I was snowed-in yesterday, so spent a while playing with photo manager, I'm wondering if its 3100687 ?

and mcspool,

good suggestion, I have tried that but only for naked eye comparison, will try again but this time photographing

Thanks for your help with this, guys, it will be great to be able to give Oddball her original number

• 2 weeks later...