Got to laugh!!

ArtistsRifles

During this years London to Brighton run a Belgian enthusiast dressed in period clothing and driving a 1900 Milwaukee steam car was stopped by police and given a fine and a ticket.

For going too slow!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Would have thought police had more important things to do???

safariswing

there's no such offence under the RTA

I beg to differ -there is not only such an offence but there are places where minimum speed is mandated on a road sign -if you ever drive through the Dartford tunnel you will see one such zone.

I've also know some-one who was "done" for impeeding traffic flow by driving too slowly on the M62 motorway in a Citreon 2CV, he was exonerated as the Magistrate accepted he was driving at a reasonable speed for the type of vehicle and had otherwise conformed to the RTA in that he stayed in the nearside lane.

There is also an infamous case in the early 1990s of a guy done for the same offence on the M25 in an Austin Alegro at a constant 40mph -which he considered a "nice speed" to drive at.

http://www.abd.org.uk/speed_limit_signs.htm

Minimum speed sign.

ah Tony you posted while I was copying the signage

Steve

speed limit.JPG

Edited by steveo578
addition

safariswing

I said not covered in the RTA that I can see...

I take it that's a legal defence:D TS10 "failing to conform to a road traffic sign" or possibly at a stretch SP60 -"undefined speeding offence". -seriously the offense would come under "failing to drive with due consideration for other road users."

that I can see
-I think MS40 is the offence of driving with defective eye sight or with inadaquate eye sight correction :-D

I take it that's a legal defence:D TS10 "failing to conform to a road traffic sign" or possibly at a stretch SP60 -"undefined speeding offence". -seriously the offense would come under "failing to drive with due consideration for other road users."

-I think MS40 is the offence of driving with defective eye sight or with inadaquate eye sight correction :-D

Think you will find TS10 is

TS10

Failing to comply with traffic light signals..........

nothing to do with "SIGNS"

ian2b

TS10--Failing to comply with traffic light signals..........

Hey it's not that bad off the top of my head:D it's TS50 failing to comply to a road sign other than those such as stop signs which covered by other code:nut:

and before anyone else stamps me into the ground MS70 is also a classification for diving with defective eyesight;)

Steve

ian2b

Hey it's not that bad off the top of my head:D it's TS50 failing to comply to a road sign other than those such as stop signs which covered by other code:nut:

and before anyone else stamps me into the ground MS70 is also a classification for diving with defective eyesight;)

Steve

Guess you mean driving.

Running for cover under the "don't get beaten up" act...

Yep you got me "typing without due care and attention" 3 penalty points:beatenup:

Just as well the thread title is

Steve

I must admit I make typos all the time and have to edit constantly.

Guess I'll have to laugh at myself.

Edited by Enigma
Bugger, did it again, typed myself as muself...sigh

During this years London to Brighton run a Belgian enthusiast dressed in period clothing and driving a 1900 Milwaukee steam car was stopped by police and given a fine and a ticket.

For going too slow!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Isn't that what you tell the wife/girlfriemd after being stopped for kerb crawling?

Mike

Isn't that what you tell the wife/girlfriemd after being stopped for kerb crawling?

Mike

It's what I tell the commander (and Lee!!) when the Stalwarts brakes decide to seize on again..... :cool2:

The item came from the January edition of Practical Classics. - usually a reliable source of information provided it is nowhere near April 1st!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Several years ago, when Econofreight were in existance, I heard that one of their big Scammells which was towing two of the wide multi wheeled moduals, was traveling (crawling up) a hill on the M1, the driver got booked for going too slow, when the driver and firm went to court, the case was thrown out by a sympathetic magistrate. You couldn't make it up.