Malvern International Military Convention

Hi folks. Just back from the event. To be honest not seen the halls quite so busy for a while, allthough one or two dealers told me not so much money was changing hands. Did find a few good buys though, even more antenna for the displays we do. Oh, and did bump into Jack.

Posted a few pics. of the area to show folks from around the world just what a fantastic spot the show ground is in, on a sunny November morning anyway.

Andy.

2010-11-07 Malvern.jpg

2010-11-07 Malvern (4).jpg

2010-11-07 Malvern (6).jpg

2010-11-07 Malvern (5).jpg

got to agree it was the busiest I have seen for a while and I did get at least one of the things I was looking for(k98) although there wasnt much else tempting me to part with my hard earned cash and I couldnt find any seat belts for my landy

Nigel

and I missed Jack

Seems like the Malvern military convention is changing for the better , not to long ago there seemed to be more of a leaning towards ww2 Memorabilia, but theres a good mix of pre and post war gearn, i enjoyed myself immensly spent a little (well the wifes in Barcelona ) met a few familiar faces , good day all round top marks!!

Sold some goodies and came back with very little hurray says the missus met Rick (eddie8men) and also saw lofty from Eastenders (many moons ago) probably the last time I watched the program.

Plenty of people not many wanted to part with the pennies. But came back reasonably happy and only bought a few things

We took the RB44 down so if you saw it in the car park... managed to spill coffee all over the mat missus not happy

Edited by ferrettkitt

Great day indeed, loads of kit right across the board, very busy, had some good buys and didn`t leave til mid afternoon. Bumped into Jack for about 20mins catching up on all the gossip and re-living June. (GRINS GALORE:D:D:D) 2012 Bring it on !!!:banana: Ian.

Great day indeed, loads of kit right across the board, very busy, had some good buys and didn`t leave til mid afternoon. Bumped into Jack for about 20mins catching up on all the gossip and re-living June. (GRINS GALORE:D:D:D) 2012 Bring it on !!!:banana: Ian.

did you find any bike bits Ian? as usual there was very little about and what was there was either very rough or expensive,I did see a nice repro vokes but at £350.00 I walked away,shame I didnt see you ,would have been good to catch up

Nigel

It was busy - the car park was full and do anything except yack and erm yack!

Sorry I didn't get to see everyone but was looking out for you - did think to myself Tim's not here today. And was that really Lofty from Eastenders?!

Next time we should arrange to meet at some point!!!

Great event. I took the Dodge down and handed out entry forms for our show Tanks, Trucks & firepower. (Never miss a chance to push it!!) Bought some more bit's for the J£££££p. Had a good chat to a few folks I usually meet at Malvern and the odd show. There seemed to be a lot more folks than usual and better quality stuff on the stalls though some prices being asked.....gee! I found a foot starter switch for the J££££££p for £12-00. Saying that finding a genuine J thing ammeter at a classic car show in the rummage box for £2-00 will take some beating!

Yes. enjoyed Malvern do.

Phil

Sounds like I missed a good day. Unfortunately I had to make best time of the break I had this weekend whilst wife had number 1 son (8 months old) so I got stuck into taking more of my winterised FFR lightweight apart as I am collecting her replacement chassis this Friday. Woop Woop!

First time at Malvern. Didn't find much for the Slat apart from single arm wiper assemblys but did make some jeep contacts. I was very tempted in parting some cash for a Thompson though and I'm glad there wasn't many M1919 .30 cals there as it could have been an expensive day.

I spent the morning in a daze as I'd finished a 12hr night shift at 0730 and got the missus to drive me there. Enjoyed myself though.

Hi Nigel, could`nt believe we missed, would have been great to have met up. Saw the volkes there did`nt ask though , glad I did`nt. No other bike bits at all but bought some clansman bits and bobs, and a nice large camo net for a tenner. All the best, keep in touch, regards, Ian. :-)