Is it possilble?

fayjo56

I do not currently have an MV, and really miss it. Like much of the country I am also 'feeling the pinch'. With the MV movement being so popular and with so many dealers, is it still possible to find and restore a vehicle on a budget for someone who is not afraid to take on a 'basket case' Basicaly, are finds and bargains particulary wartime vehicles but MVs in general still out there do you think?

my mk4 churchill was £3500, basically scrap value so they are there to be had but it might be more realistic to go for something like a champ it's small enough for a garage, easy to pick up spares and looks great and you could pick a rough one up for under £500.

good luck

eddy

our munga was £100,(looking at some of the other munga bodies out there ours was a bargain) we are not mechanics , but will have a go at anything, we are just taking our time , and its done when we can afford to do it , bargains are out there . just need to keep your eyes open mate . good luck.....

Edited by Willyslancs

I would agree a land rover would be a good choice as they are very simple and parts are abundant with most panels being swapped over for any other defender,and the chance to get galvanized parts that will out last you, also there is a huge amount of knowledge to be found on this site alone when it comes to a rebuild.