FV430 Exchange Fuel Pumps - Warning

andym

This is a quick word of warning for those fitting exchange fuel pumps to their FV430s. I've been caught out by this and Chas nearly has too, so it's probably worth repeating.

Beware that exchange pumps may either come without the double-ended fitting for the outlet side of the pump, or, as mine did, with the wrong fitting.

The fitting is the one you can see near the base of the pump in the picture above. I strongly suggest that anyone buying an exchange pump remove the fitting before returning the pump, especially if the supplier wants the old pump back before they send the new one!

Andy

IMG_1449aw-cropped.jpg

This is a quick word of warning for those fitting exchange fuel pumps to their FV430s. I've been caught out by this and Chas nearly has too, so it's probably worth repeating.

Beware that exchange pumps may either come without the double-ended fitting for the outlet side of the pump, or, as mine did, with the wrong fitting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36179[/ATTACH]

The fitting is the one you can see near the base of the pump in the picture above. I strongly suggest that anyone buying an exchange pump remove the fitting before returning the pump, especially if the supplier wants the old pump back before they send the new one!

Andy

Where is the pump located on a 434 ?

Where is the pump located on a 434 ?

That's a very good question. I haven't seen one in the flesh, but it's supposed to be bolted to the front of the tank and accessible through a hole in the bulkhead. The pump is identical, but has a different outlet pipe arrangement, which may perhaps explain the different size fitting that was supplied with my pump?

Andy

That's a very good question. I haven't seen one in the flesh, but it's supposed to be bolted to the front of the tank and accessible through a hole in the bulkhead. The pump is identical, but has a different outlet pipe arrangement, which may perhaps explain the different size fitting that was supplied with my pump?

Andy

Thats correct, I,ve had mine out a few times.Basically all due to muck in the tank.

Now, taking the fuel tank out, hours of fun and laughter:readbook::banghead::banghead:

DaveP

• 10 months later...