Anyone answer me these please!

robin craig

Question

Two basic questions,

1. Who was the clot that decided armoured vehicles like Ferrets and bigger etc got slave sockets but Bedfords and Land Rovers didnt?

2 Who was the clot that decided bar grip tyres were so damned good? Have you ever been sideways on a road in the rain on them, I have! No fun I can tell you.

R

9 answers to this question

I totally agree with you!! Bar treads, which should be renamed "Barely Tread" or "Bare threats" are dangerous, but in some cases they are all you can get. I have locked up all four wheels in the dry at 20mph and skidded in a Bedford MW fitted with Bar Treads. Disgusting. Bring back Triple Tractions or S.A.T style tread patterns any day I say!! I'll take them in 900x16 profile aswell thanks.

Bar treads are for mud traction as far as I know, i.e. lugs on the side to clear the mud and centre for no tread for floating on it or not clogging.

However as you said bad on-road. My fellow Pinz mate has left the 9x16 bar treads on his and I keep imploring him to get rid of them as the Pinz 4x4 are notorious for loose rear ends in braking situations

I have seen Landrovers with slave sockets, but not that often, you would have thought it would be standard.