Parachute drop on Renkum Heath

A historic drop. Thanks for posting. I was there three weeks ago....on a bike.

Did I see one in the trees? Trust he was ok.

Was on Ginkel seven years ago when several (Belgium airborne troops?) were injured as they overshot and hit the tall beech tress behind Zuid Ginkel Cafe.

Sadly also that day a guy with a modern civilian chute was killed when it "candled" and he landed near Planken Wambuis.

And is the main drop still on Ginkel Heath tommorrow?

John

One went behind the tree's Broken Leg and ankle.

The one in the trees was fine.

Numbers 5 and 6 in the first stick are friends of mine, and No6 ,Charlie, has only just turned 16! lucky fella....

they are my friends to, I sow them jump after one hour and 30 min delay. very nice to see a dakota above the old landingzone. barrie and charlie made there first jump and the logbook said date:17 sept, airplane:dakota, dropzone: renkum and that ad your first jump.

cheers jaap

they are my friends to, I sow them jump after one hour and 30 min delay. very nice to see a dakota above the old landingzone. barrie and charlie made there first jump and the logbook said date:17 sept, airplane:dakota, dropzone: renkum and that ad your first jump.

cheers jaap

here are some pictures of these brave guy's who jumpt on friday at renkum, barrie and charlie are in the cirkels, well don guy's. :wow: :thumbsup:

cheers jaap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35345[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]35344[/ATTACH]

pencil.png

Today Pathfinder UK did a parachute drop on Renkum Heath, the first drop there since 1944!

This is the movie I shot:

Something went wrong...

Is it possible to get a copy in high resolution of that drop? I need that one, because I was filming from a different angle.

Regards,

Jasper

Thanks a lot for the video (MOV031). This one is good for instruction. I needed this because of the Roman candle (no. 2 in the first stick: the parachute does open directly and the jumper was near to pulling his reserve). Roman candles are very rare.

Here are the videos I made during this week:

Sathurday 11-09-2010:

Renkum and Arnhem Friday 17-09-10:

Renkum Sathurday 18-09-10:

Driel Sathurday 18-09-10:

and

I hope you enjoy them.