Travels

fesm_ndt

Actually there is more than one Mike on this thread and the comment was meant for the other one!

R

We Mike's have a popular name..... :-D

Still having issues with uploading into the rebuild thread

Anyway here is the green lane video

Edited by fesm_ndt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have always liked the Kiev class aircraft carriers, so when I got a chance to have a wander around one I had to do it.

This is the Minsk, now tied up in Shenzhen, China as a theme part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54447[/ATTACH]

Sad to see such a nice ship decaying away and being used to sell handbags and other cheap rubbish

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54440[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]54442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54448[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54445[/ATTACH]

some more

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54459[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54455[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54458[/ATTACH]

• 4 months later...

Geoje POW camp in South Korea

Has realistic dioramas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60551[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60547[/ATTACH]

Some vehicles

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60565[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60571[/ATTACH]

Great pics Thanks for sharing

This is the Minsk, now tied up in Shenzhen, China as a theme part.

Sad to see such a nice ship decaying away and being used to sell handbags and other cheap rubbish

At least it has not been melted down for kitchen utensils.

Geoje POW camp in South Korea

Has realistic dioramas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60552[/ATTACH]

I hope that is not the cooking pot:???

and why is the number upside down?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60577[/ATTACH]

Was it built in Australia?:D

Mike

Didn't the Chinese buy a Soviet Aircraft carrier supposedly for scrap and then decide to rebuild it for the Navy?

They bought several scrapped carriers, I think 3 Kiev class, one they rebuilt and the HMAS Melbourne which they used for practicing carrier landings.

One of the Kiev class was a new hull never fitted out and they finished it, or may be a later version, sister ship of the solitary Russian current flagship