Vulcan 607

Meteor mark 4B

Vulcan turned up at Culdrose Air day at about 1600 yesterday, and proceeded to give a memorable display, much longer than I expected. Possibly not many more chances to see this wonderful plane actually flying, (H & S Police?), so if you get a chance, go and see it. Took a load of photos, here's just one...

PS, it didn't actually drop anything!

087.JPG

Local radio are currently reporting that it has been confirmed that it will be doing Bournemouth (Air Show I presume) in the very near future.

I'd like to thinkthat going to Bournemouth they'll do what Spitfires do whenever they fly past over Southampton and use the M27 to navigate: I get a great view from the garden.

Local radio are currently reporting that it has been confirmed that it will be doing Bournemouth (Air Show I presume) in the very near future.

I'd like to thinkthat going to Bournemouth they'll do what Spitfires do whenever they fly past over Southampton and use the M27 to navigate: I get a great view from the garden.

Nothing on the website about it being there. Its not on the program for Shoreham that weekend either.

Both shows are on the same weekend and they tend to share aircraft. Many have actually staged out of Shoreham in previous years.

Mike

Nothing on the website about it being there. Its not on the program for Shoreham that weekend either.

Both shows are on the same weekend and they tend to share aircraft. Many have actually staged out of Shoreham in previous years.

Mike

I heard it on Wave 105 this morning. Here you go:

http://www.wave105.com/Article.asp?id=1894544&spid=25629

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished Phoenix Squadron, as recommended, good read, interesting bit of history, not as good a Vulcan 607 though.

Did the Vulcan appear at Bournemouth?

Yes, I saw it on a local TV report. Don't ask me what day it was, though: I have been on my back with flu ("if it gets worse, it's pneumonia: tell reception I want to see you and don't take no for an answer"). Two weeks of my life are missing.

Yes, I saw it on a local TV report. Don't ask me what day it was, though: I have been on my back with flu ("if it gets worse, it's pneumonia: tell reception I want to see you and don't take no for an answer"). Two weeks of my life are missing.

Er maybe you were hallucinating?:nut: Bournmouth display cancelled due to bad weather !

When I went to Bournemouth (2 years ago) it was a 3 or 4 day event.

We did the Saturday and it was really good weather and the place was packed.

Saw the news on the Sunday (rain) and there was like 4 people.

So would not surprise me if on the days nothing flew.

Mike

Pretty much nothing flew at Bournemouth on Saturday and Sunday due to bad weather - the ceiling was around 300 ft. They got a few aircraft up late Sunday. It's a four day display though, and there was flying Thursday and Friday. I thought the Vulcan made it down but either didn't fly or only flew on Friday.