Wings,Wheels,Speed and Steam. Shugborough Hall 26/27 June

Very local to me. Simon and myself attended this event to sort out our display. We had a great weekend and busy chatting none stop to folks. The intrest in British Army Landies, signals, kit etc. of the 80's left us with no time for lunch either day. Sadly not many military vehicles over both days, think about 10 in all. But they were all great folks. Not many public either inspite of the fantastic weather and location. Few pics.

Andy.

2010-06-27 Wings-Wheels Shrugborough,Stafford (11).jpg

2010-06-27 Wings-Wheels Shrugborough,Stafford (20).jpg

2010-06-27 Wings-Wheels Shrugborough,Stafford (21).jpg

2010-06-27 Wings-Wheels Shrugborough,Stafford (32).jpg

We attended the first show at Shugborough in 2008, they had stated that there would be 30 full size steam engines which there wasn't even half of this number.

I think the organisers have changed since then and last year was slightly better but I only went as a member of the public as it was the same weekend as the Austin Gipsy rally.

I was wondering what it would be like this year as it looked like things had been given a re-vamp once again but due to it clashing with a few other things I knew I wouldn't be able to go so it is interesting to see what other people thought of it.

It is a great loaction with it being in the middle of the country and has a lovely setting but for some reason it has never really taken off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen in a local paper that there is a Wings, Wheels, Speed and Steam show at White Waltham airfield, which is near Reading on 14/15 August. They say it is the 4th to have been done, but I haven't heard of it before. Anyone know about the one at White Waltham in Berkshire? I can't go this year as it's my Eldest Daughter's Wedding that weekend, but I thought I might go next year.

You really have a nice collection of various things. Must have been a nice display you put on.

Marty

Hi, thanks Marty. The only down side is it can take Simon and myself two to three hours to repack the Landi's and trailers, were finding we are last off the showgrounds! And very tired but we love it.:-)

Andy.

• 4 weeks later...
I have just seen in a local paper that there is a Wings, Wheels, Speed and Steam show at White Waltham airfield, which is near Reading on 14/15 August. They say it is the 4th to have been done, but I haven't heard of it before. Anyone know about the one at White Waltham in Berkshire? I can't go this year as it's my Eldest Daughter's Wedding that weekend, but I thought I might go next year.

I went to WWS&S at White Waltham last year and am booked in again this year. I'd never heard of it before either. There was only about 10 or so military vehicles there but there was a huge amount of vintage and classic cars, trucks and some bikes (oh and a few planes but unless they're taking me on holiday they don't do much for me). They have a bigger chunk of the airfield this year as they reckon it will be bigger. Not a bad show last year, free entry if you're displaying, quite well organised, a good variety of cars etc, funfair and traders. Had a chat with a few vets who turned up and a former garage owner who gave me an original oil can and entrenching tool from his old parts shed :-D

Edited by melchy