Walking Machines

abn deuce

They have made a number of improvements in this technology going from a cable supported indoor test unit to a free moving multiterrain machine . You just know the military has to be thinking of ways to put this ability to work . True tracks and wheels are faster and simplier one always explores what could be the next evolution in locomotion .

Something went wrong...

Something went wrong...

Yes I ve seen the walking dog unit very quick and responsive to being shoved and very quick in motion like a four pogo stick legged unit . While it can carry itself this shows a more stable 6 legged unit while slow, may be capable of faster motion someday and carry a load of some kind . The rate this system has improved who knows just how far it may go .

In another area of experimentation , they have been working to create a portable self contained powered human exo-skeleton unit that would allow a single person to lift hundreds or a thousand lbs or more with a fraction of the effort so far those systems still need a truck or trailer mounted hydralic and electric power unit and from what I saw are stationary .

Yes Alan. There is a wall painted with scenes from his books in the market square. Including a Fighting Machine, and the HG Wellls theatre on Mason's hill. Blooming cheek claiming a Kentish Man in Surrey! Mind you as usual I can find a Channel Island Connection. Mr Poly, a lot of the action takes place on Sark.

I was under the impression that HG Wells lived in Woking, and the aliens landed on Horsell common. That alien (and some pods) are next to the HG Wells theatre in Woking.

I guess its a bit like Ernest Hemmingway, everywhere in SE USA and the Caribbean islands claim he lived in their town :)