How much paint???

handler 69

OK we have sorted my problem out driving the Fox! Now I have the problem of knowing how much paint I will need to paint my LWB Rover, inside and out!

How much do I need and where can I get it from? It can come over with the Fox in his container!

Cheers

Troy:-D

Would that be for a LWB with a tilt or hard top, as my S3 109 will need doing and it is useful to know.

Although it will need green and black and from what I have found so far seems to come in 5 litre pots.

Would also be interested in where is a good source and if I should use matt or satin.

I suspect that like many things you get what you pay for, although I stand to be corrected.

I believw matt is correct but what are people experience with logevity and pros and cons.

I do not want to have to repaint every couple of years.

I know there are plenty of you out there with both in serice and and civvy experience and be able to advise as to if they feel tha there is a difference between the two scenarios.

I ampersonally not looking for 100% genuine military originality but want something that looks the part and has a reasonable life.

I also no that for the real authentic look the paint should be about an inch thick and patchy.

Mike

about 4 litres should do a Landy.

I re-sprayed my Lightweight last year, I bought a 2.5 litre tin of satin Nato green from the local paint supplier. I still have half of it left. What have you been doing to use 4 litres spraying a Land Rover?!

garage..jpg

Try these people, they will post it to you at very reasonable rates, i used Industrial Protegalac Containergard, which is a single pack Alkyd paint, it dries with a Satin finish which looks good, and it is super hard wearing, i cant recommend this stuff enough, i have left the Pig and Trailer outside for the last year in blistering heat and freezing -20C covered in ice and snow, and it still looks as good as when i put it on superb stuff, technically for spraying with a bit of brush painting, but i brush painted both the trailer and the Pig and it came out very well.

The paint was £35 for 5 litre and the thinners £16 for 5 litre can, they will send up to six tins of paint for the price of one, and the service was excellent.

Paint available in any of the colour charts they have on the site.

http://www.smithandallan.com/industrial_paint.html

I re-sprayed my Lightweight last year, I bought a 2.5 litre tin of satin Nato green from the local paint supplier. I still have half of it left. What have you been doing to use 4 litres spraying a Land Rover?!

As stated applied with a 4 inch paste brush :D Hey, it needed doing and the brush was available! Actually came out quite a good finsh. The alternative would have been to completly strip about 20+ coats of cracked shift paint off it.

Hey all!

Found a supplier here but they can't find the colour codes for NATO green. Will go with a near enough colour.

My landie is a LWB "station wagon" do you call them estates over there? Anyway I have ordered 5 l of green and the same in black ( enamel) I will have the green professionaly done and "paint" :D the black cam myself.

As it is a civie job, I have all the wireless gear inc the wing boxes coming over with the fox.....any thoughts on how to mount these things and turn old "bumpy truck" into a squaddie bus???

Cheers

Troy