Different burners...

sabre

Question

Hello,

I have 2 different burners coming out of the kitchen trailer.

The one on the right has an additional tube. Does this burner has a specific use?

I want to convert them from petrol to propane, so all advise is welcome. BTW: will they both run on propane?

P4050649..jpg

12 answers to this question

Hi Piet,

I don't have my catering trailer manual anymore, but it did describe the difference between the petrol and propane burners. Mine were the type on the left and all worked fine on propane. I think the other one may be a petrol burner, maybe someone with the manual can check for you.

Chris

piet the one on the right has the petrol evaporator still attached

these are the parts to keep if you want to show original petrol use

i will go to the trailer today and take photos of layout for gas but you lose the preheat burners and the evaporator tubes

i have just tried to take photos but camera packed up so will try to explain how it works

on the trailer the pipes conect through to a block and pipes go round from block to the preheat which is the round thing on left of photo

to convert to gas remove these extra pipes and the preheat fitting but leave pipe from rear turn off valves to front box where the conector on the right photo is conected and put the blanking plate over empty connections

the one on the left is missing its valve but the conection block is missing as well

Edited by David Ives

connect gas pipe to valve on side ensuring blanking plug is fitted to opposite side

then depending on how many burners you want operating open valve in middle section first

then with the t key on front centre pin of the burners open till gas comes througth and light direct with long taper after cleaning slots first to adjust flame turn valve on bottom right of the front of the burner

if you are at the bunker i will give you a direct copy of the manual

makesure you have tried all the joints with washing up liquid solution first and a air hose so if you see any bubbles you have a leak before you light it mate

dont want to lose a good friend by neglecting the safty first and have someone by the gas bottle to turn it off fast