A warm hello from a Newbie in Herefordshire

Rover8FFR

Hi everyone.

Just joined the HMVF and stumbled across the site whilst trying to do a search for info on my military vehicle. Seemed a good site so I registered straight away.

I am restoring more slowly that I would like a 1963 Landrover Series 2a FFR 24v 88 inch.

True title; Truck Utility 1/4 Tonne 4x4 FFR Rover 8. Its the early 24v model with the rectifiers stood off infront of the oil cooler and protected by a sold bar and mesh grille. I believe this is due to the earliest generators being 45amp. Later series 3's had the rectifier in the generator set (90amp).

Its MOD reg is 57EK34 and was entered into the order book at Solihull in Decemeber 1963, before it was shipped of to CVD Hilton (Sp?), which I believe is no longer around.

I tried the old vehicle records that went from Beverley to Deepcut and it drew up a big fat zero!

Over the years I have been slowly picking up bits and bobs here and there, much to the frustration of the other half saying why do you need 2/ 3 of those? I must confess that looking at the sparcity of some items now and the asking prices I think I did the right thing. Saves money in the long term I guess.

I hope to do quite a bit more this year to get the old girl on the restoration path and will be sharing some images with you all soon and no doubts looking for some help here and there! It's currently a rolling chassis awaiting some chassis repairs etc.

I will sign off at that for know before I bore the heck out of you all wittering on! Talk again soon.

Regards

Wayne :-\

I need to get some more pics from home to show how it looked originally when I bought it after someone had mutilated here!

The good news was that after sitting in a field for 7 years and after a carb service and batteries charged up with some fuel down the manifold it ran! Hurrah!

I have found a couple on my laptop, but will get the really sad ones on a post soon as

Cheers

Wayne

ignition filter..jpg

side view.jpeg..jpg

interior.jpeg..jpg

air filter oil ba.jpg

battery tray 24v.

front grille.jpe

isolators and pl

Thanks for that Tony B.

How did your son manage to trace some history for his EK 12v GS. All my searches has drawn a blank!

Tried both the EMLRA and MVT and got knowhere!

I know that the paint has always been bronze green prior to a civi painting it with Dulux Emulsion! :-D

Thanks for that Tony B.

How did your son manage to trace some history for his EK 12v GS. All my searches has drawn a blank!

Tried both the EMLRA and MVT and got knowhere!

I know that the paint has always been bronze green prior to a civi painting it with Dulux Emulsion! :-D

Luckily the original markings were still under the paint! she 01 EK 49 Have you tried the RLC museum Camberly? There is also a private guy does good searches, it's in a thread somewhere. Having trouble posting a picture, will go into teh workshop and wake Joris from under the Dodge dashboard! :beatenup:

Edited by Tony B

ooh Hereford. I live just outside Ross-on-Wye.....

I have tried Camberley Tony B and that drew a blank! I think I still have the original wings, when I bought the think and have kept them even though they were gash! I guess some sensitive rubbing down will help. Must admit didn't think of that.....As I had bought some old S2a RAF landy wings in better nick!

Thanks to 1 and all :-D

Hello Wayne,

welcome to the chaos :nut:

Nice to see another military Ser 2a is safe, they're getting very thin on the ground now.

What parts are you missing? I will keep an eye out for you. A mate has a couple of the glass four fin light lenses for sale if you are missing them.

Cheers

Hello Wayne,

welcome to the chaos :nut:

Nice to see another military Ser 2a is safe, they're getting very thin on the ground now.

What parts are you missing? I will keep an eye out for you. A mate has a couple of the glass four fin light lenses for sale if you are missing them.

Cheers

Hi I only have 1 FV light lense at the moment and was looking for another or matching pair. Interested in them if they are sound. How much is your m8 after for them???

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi Wayne,

sorry for delay, one orange, one red, £5 each. Used, but believed to be in good condition

Cheers

Edited by G506