Maybe some more vehicles for Withams???

Lord Burley

The last couple of days have seen a flurry of activity at my local T.A center. On tuesday around 20 Defenders. A mix of 90,s and 110,s. Two RB-44,s. Six DAF 4 Tonners and a couple of Bedford 4 Tonners were placed in the front yard with what looked like disposal stickers placed on the windscreens of every vehicle. Yesterday morning and this morning a fleet of low-lowders were lined up outside loading them up.

Could this be a batch destined for Withams.???

The last couple of days have seen a flurry of activity at my local T.A center. On tuesday around 20 Defenders. A mix of 90,s and 110,s. Two RB-44,s. Six DAF 4 Tonners and a couple of Bedford 4 Tonners were placed in the front yard with what looked like disposal stickers placed on the windscreens of every vehicle. Yesterday morning and this morning a fleet of low-lowders were lined up outside loading them up.

Could this be a batch destined for Withams.???

If the trucks picking them up were white MAN 6x2's then yes, as these are Withams low loaders.

I think Withams has the exclusive contract to dispose of all surplus MOD vehicles. My mate who works for the Army as a civi mechanic has not dealt with any other firm for quite some time now.

This is correct.

I posted a couple of months ago after visiting my local TA unit to 'Collect' some stuff before it was junked!

I saw the new L/Rover trailers there already & was informed to 'note all the registration marks of all the MJ's held on strength there. Why = 'Because they were ALL low milage & going for disposal soon'.

They are THE ones to buy if your looking for an MJ. = Im not though!

This info was imparted to me because ALL the Army 4 Tonners are being replaced with a totaly new series.

I BELIVE it is German MAN's they are getting?

Mike. :laugh:

This info was imparted to me because ALL the Army 4 Tonners are being replaced with a totaly new series.

I BELIVE it is German MAN's they are getting?

Mike. :laugh:

Think so .......four of them pulled out of the barracks just in front of me a couple of weeks ago and I followed them across town .

Yep the Mans' are coming in to replace the 4,8 and 14 tonne fleet. Ours are due to go in June and our UBRE as well. Not sure about a unit getting all their fleet uplifted, are they a signals unit as some of them are closing down?

There was a recent report out about 198 Drill halls being considered for closure, especially if they are within 10 miles of a garrison or military establishment. There are more cuts to come and big ones too!

Gary

Yep the Mans' are coming in to replace the 4,8 and 14 tonne fleet. Ours are due to go in June and our UBRE as well. Not sure about a unit getting all their fleet uplifted, are they a signals unit as some of them are closing down?

There was a recent report out about 198 Drill halls being considered for closure, especially if they are within 10 miles of a garrison or military establishment. There are more cuts to come and big ones too!

Gary

Its an E.O.D unit