tents

griff66

If Jack is still doing the 9x9's I can thoroughly recommend the quality of them & the great service he gives his customers (How'm I doing ? Have I earned my commission yet ?).

We've got a pair of the alloy folding beds - one came from Anchor Supplies the second from the trade stand of a very nice Dutchman at W&P last year - I know a lot of people say how difficult & uncooperative they are to put up but after I got bitten a couple of times I've had no probs at all :-D

You could go for a CVRT crew tent or "Crew Shelter Scorpion Fox" as is stencilled on my tent.

They are a lean to type design, and well big enough for two people, i think they sleep 3 they are designed to tie onto a vehicle to support them, but you can tie them to trees, a fenceline or a version i seen, somebody had made a couple of poles so they were freestanding, which worked well.

They have a built in ground sheet and the doors open at each end. I find mine to be a very good tent, and they resist wind well, compared to other tent types.

They would also look period correct for a Ferret, and they pack down small compared to a 9x9 and wouldnt look out of placed strapped to the rear deck.

You can generally pick them up between £25 and £150.

I will see if i can find a picture of one!

You could go for a CVRT crew tent or "Crew Shelter Scorpion Fox" as is stencilled on my tent.

They are a lean to type design, and well big enough for two people, i think they sleep 3 they are designed to tie onto a vehicle to support them, but you can tie them to trees, a fenceline or a version i seen, somebody had made a couple of poles so they were freestanding, which worked well.

They have a built in ground sheet and the doors open at each end. I find mine to be a very good tent, and they resist wind well, compared to other tent types.

They would also look period correct for a Ferret, and they pack down small compared to a 9x9 and wouldnt look out of placed strapped to the rear deck.

You can generally pick them up between £25 and £150.

I will see if i can find a picture of one!

Like this?

cvrttent.jpg

Like this?

cvrttent.jpg

Thats the one, they pack away alot smaller than a 9x9 as you dont have all of the poles, extra ground sheet pole joints etc, so if you are strapping them to the exterior of your vehicle, this would be the better bet.

The 9x9 and 12x12 are considerably bigger though.

you will find it difficult to store the poles for a 9x9 on a Ferret and almost impossible to do the canvas and poles for a 12x12

the CVRT/W shelter is what I use, even then it is designed for a taller more slab sided vehicle than a Ferret so, to have it up comfortably, you will need to use an extra pole at each end for the "rear" wall, I use a short pole balanced off front/back vehicle wing

plenty of room for 2, the whole lot, incl poles, pegs and hammers fits in a normal kit bag and that looks v good strapped to the engine deck

you will find it difficult to store the poles for a 9x9 on a Ferret and almost impossible to do the canvas and poles for a 12x12

the CVRT/W shelter is what I use, even then it is designed for a taller more slab sided vehicle than a Ferret so, to have it up comfortably, you will need to use an extra pole at each end for the "rear" wall, I use a short pole balanced off front/back vehicle wing

plenty of room for 2, the whole lot, incl poles, pegs and hammers fits in a normal kit bag and that looks v good strapped to the engine deck

I have a set of 4x 3-section bivvy poles (with a spike at one end) to support the back wall. Although the 101 is tall enough to support the back wall its hard to find something to attach it to!