hello from mike in nz

blastermike

hi all, well i thought it was about time i joined as i've been visiting this site for about a year or so to watch the dennis restoration and other early truck projects, i am mainly interested in trucks of the twenties and ww1 era, and have about 1/2 a dozen or so, some complete and some maybe possible projects, owning a sandblasting bussiness has worked against me as rusting hulks of steel that were once trucks does not scare me, but probably should, i live in the north island of new zealand, Taupo, and at present i'm restoring a 1929 Dennis 30cwt and a 1925 studebaker pick up, i also have a 1923 pierce arrow 2 ton and a 1925 A1 thornycroft which i am hoping to restore, 2 other possible projects i hope to oneday restore are a WD 1918 thornycroft and a very early white 3 ton truck, and recently i've found 1 full chassis and 3 cut front halfs of a mid twenties albion 2 1/2 ton truck, all with most mechanicals, so hopefully a project one day, i have 2 daughters and my other interests are deer hunting and firearms, i think this is where the military side appeals to me as i have allways had a fascination with the history of ww1 and ww2, and one day hope to restore the J type thornycroft back to its original WD configuration, well thats whats going to happen if i live to 120 yrs old, cheers mike.

Sounds like you really like the more difficult challenges , not something youngish like 1940's and up .

I wish you a long and happy time working on all that old iron .

Glad you come out of the shadows and hope you will tell us of how you came to owning some of your trucks .