First MV?

robrffr

Question

Ok, although I would really like one of the MV's like we had down the St.Albans yard, ie, Sherman, humber armoured cars, Humber pigs, Damiler armoured car, Dingo, Cletrac, etc, being realistic, I have no room for something so big or ways of transporting it, so thinking of a motorcycle, cos a) I ride them everyday, b) know what I'm doing with them and c) have room ( once I get rid of my Honda CB500), so looking at post war bikes, what are they like? Any common pitfalls? Any to avoid?

7 answers to this question

welcome rob .i would recommend a ural dnepr or maybe even a chang jiang parts are cheap easy to maintain i have one myself and its my first mv .i have to admit i was brought up on jap bikes and cant get used to anything with a righthand gear change ive tried a friends and naturally use my right foot as the back brake unfortunately knocking it down a gear and trying to throw me over the handlebars.the russians are conventional left hand change alot have reverse gear too. if you fancy something more modern maybe a harley mt350 .heres a pic of my dnepr with ural engine.

P1010010.jpg