CVRW Fox RAWHS Pictures

robin craig

Alan Turner from the RAWHS mob has asked me to post these pictures as he is having trouble loading them. So by the miracle of data transfer from the Uk by way of Canada and back to the UK here are some very interesting pictures of a believed SP registration vehicle.

You will note that some item are changed from what went into production like the engine roller asembly shown in the manuals but not present on the vehicles.

A couple of pictures are orientated wrong but I couldnt change them.

Please comment on what you see, I do not know everything about Foxes.

Regards

Robin for Alan Turner

Fox PT 1.jpg

Fox RAWHS 2.jpg

Fox RAWHS 3.jpg

You will note the construction of the volutes is not quite the production vehicle shape. Also the fan bevel box drive pulley is not the same as a production vehicle.

It amuses me that the stand I made for our fan unit ( in the blog section) is just about an exact replica of what they used. I had never seen these pictures

R

Fox RAWHS 7.jpg

Fox RAWHS 6.jpg

Fox RAWHS 5.jpg

Fox RAWHS 4.jpg

Edited by robin craig
more info

Details of rear of engine bay including oil cooler. The first I believe is a bilge pump by way of the fact that it has power in and only one pipe for discharge and the fact that it is mounted on the floor of the hull

R

Fox RAWHS 12.jpg

Fox RAWHS 11.jpg

Fox RAWHS 10.jpg

Fox RAWHS 9.jpg

Fox RAWHS 8.jpg

Edited by robin craig
More info added

This is the air cleaner / filter. As I have not had ours open I cant comment on whether this is what is inside. What I can say is that like the Land Rover 101FC the top of the filter has vanes to get the air to swirl and deposit out coarser particulate material, common to a heavy duty diesel engine style air filter.

R

Fox RAWHS 16.jpg

Fox RAWHS 17.jpg

Fox RAWHS 18.jpg

The first two are the Front of the engine but remember because of the instaltion its at the rear.

The middle is the fuel filter.

The last is a jig for a wheel station, does anyone know what the swinging locks on the sides do?

R

Fox RAWHS 22.jpg

Fox RAWHS 20.jpg

Fox RAWHS 21.jpg

Fox RAWHS 19.jpg

Edited by robin craig
more info

This for me is the best of all the pictures as it shows the carriage that the power pack was mounted on, the holy grail that all newbies wonder about and ask about.

I still cant resolve what the tank is in post number 4, I think this may be a different or later vehicle as the header tank in this one is not round as in that post.

My and im sure your thanks go to Alan Turner of the RAWHS mob for taking the time to show us these pictures

Robin

Fox RAWHS 23.jpg

Edited by robin craig
more info

This for me is the best of all the pictures as it shows the carriage that the power pack was mounted on, the holy grail that all newbies wonder about and ask about.

I still cant resolve what the tank is in post number 4, I think this may be a different or later vehicle as the header tank in this one is not round as in that post.

Robin,

This last picture of the rear end, is a production vehicle, the others are pre-production ones probably those built by Daimler. The engine removal system was dumped very early on, thank goodness, once the wading screens were removed. Also for the same reason the bilge pump was removed.

• 2 years later...