portable garages

griff66

Question

18 answers to this question

The blue sheets 12' x16' from Costco are excelent when combined with scaffolding, my Crusader has been under one of these for 2 years, just changed the sheet this Christmas as it was getting a little faded. They are about £15 for a bag containing 2.

its going to stand a bit away from the house approx 16 by 10 ft so lookii ng at 6 2.4m posts 100mm square , concreted post supports , inch by 6 boards around perimeter then 2 inch by 5 ish roof supports plastic roof on top hope it will look better than it sounds ! it will be home for the mk1/2 ./

Building Regulations do not apply to a carport provided the carport is open on at least two sides AND the floor area does not exceed 30 square metres. .I know this because I once built someone a garage with no door and no rear wall, neighbours objected but it was deemed to be a carport, doors wall added when neighbours had got used to it.

Edited by gritineye

I use a breathable motor-home cover for a Unimog 404 when I keep it on the drive. Was quoted 500 Pounds + from one supplier - in the end found a Chinese made equivalent for 150 Pounds which has served me 3 winters so far. Water deflecting, breathable - so dries quickly during times of high humidity and is physically strong enough to resist some serious winds !