Dallas again Jan 2010

I'll be there. I've got loads of Military books, all cheap, just to get rid of them. Please buy some as the money goes towards my eldest daughter's Wedding in August. Look for a stall with a Green Ford Focus estate.

Blimey - you were home before I'd even got there !

Bit of a late start as I had to sort a couple of things for work before setting out - didn't leave here until just on nine and arrrived there 11.30ish. Met Mr. Elliot and had a pleasant chat before going for a look round .

Just got back having put the car straight into the wash having turned from blue to grey with all the salt and muck on the roads !

Managed to find a couple of bits I needed whilst there so a worthwhile trip.

I think the weather or rather the fear of the weather, reduced the attendance. I had a streaming cold & had to resort to stuffing rolled up bog paper up each nostril. Despite this unusual field remedy, very graciously nobody resorted to making light of my predicament.

The only thing I bought was a file binder for storing microfiche. Although the vendor agreed with me, I was the only person there likely to buy it, I didn't haggle & accepted the asking price as it seemed to be reasonably priced.

Sometimes when an item is priced fairly I accept it at that. It can also help in the future when things are put to one side for you because the vendor knows you will pay up without a fuss.

I sold quite a few things with the usual ceromonies of bartering. It always surprises me that I seem to sell things I have been taking along for years. Yet previously unseen stock, is by passed. I noticed this today particularly with the handbooks & EMERs, these genuine books were for sale at less than the cost of a photocopy version!

shame really because as Clive said in his post it was probably fear of bad weather rather than actual bad weather,fair enough it was a bit chilly but at least it was not raining and the frozen ground meant nobody got stuck in the mud in the car park

Nigel

I must admitt my driver for the day decided against the trip late last night...the trouble is he spoke to the wife who had me assigned other tasks (taking down chrisrtmas decorations etc) befor i could give reason for attending on my own.

Ashley

I was in two minds as it is a 270 mile round trip for me and it was literally at the last minute I decided to go , it was -2 here and starting to snow quite heavily so I took a chance thinking that if it got worse I would turn back and head for home . However , the further I got from here the better the weather got and it was a positively balmy +3 when I parked in the paddock there so I was glad I carried on .

It was about 300 miles for me to get there and back (Stoke on Trent)

but my mate John who came down from the Wirral (Liverpool) to pick

me up Ohh the joys of youth (he's only in his 50's) I agree not so many

there selling and buying but worth the trip to meet up with friends

Commander