Kiwi432's FV432 APC Mk2

Kiwi432

Vehicle registration and a warrant of fitness is required over here. Im about to go through the process

May I suggest registration as a farm vehicle. If used on the farm for some purpose, then it would be no different to that of a the requirements as a tractor. If capable of greater than 40 kph ond over X tonnes then requires a CoF If under no COF of warrant. Unsure what the weight of your new present is and from memery the new laws on heavy tractors, 40kph+, and CoF's are around 6 tonnes.

And as a tractor you can drive it on a car licence.

Like the idea of importing a piece in( read as exporting it when in the UK). Reverse of what happens so offen from NZ.

If I was to follow the same line it would be to import a WW1 tracked vehicle!

Trying to place your location in NZ Land form and vegetation type indicate Waiuku area.

Am I close?

Thanks

Doug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Razor, we are located in Auckland. I saw your friends 432 at tank day last year. There were 2 of them there. Im not sure which one made a big impression on the crowd. I havent met either owner yet but hope to in the not to distant future. Cheers Johnny

Guest Razor

Hi Johnny, that would be my mate Dave that made the big impression on the crowd, nothing like high speed car crushing with a big jump for a finale. Shows how tough 432,s are. The other one belongs to a guy called Mike from Hamilton. These vehicles are definitly lots of fun. I was at the same show with my Hotchkiss spz22-2 it was a great venue, I think the next one is in 2011. hope you can bring your 432 .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Razor, sorry not to have replied sooner. I had the 432 and GPA out at MOTATs live weekend. What a great couple of days, well organised and run. We did APC rides with the 432 and their M113 from 10.00am til 4.00pm both days nonstop. People were queueing all day. Its great to share the toys with the public. The re-enactors were there and they put on a couple of good shows. Cheers Johnny

Guest Razor

Yep your right about the public loving riding on armoured vehicles , everyone thats been for a ride on my Hotchkiss has a big smile on their face afterwards .

Cheers Ray