Tank crashes into fence

Grasshopper

Saw this in the paper yesterday.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/801932-tank-crashes-into-suburban-fence

I have both broken down at the side of the road and crashed into a fence (Beltring arena 2009) in a CVRT, but not at the same time....

According to the newspaper article, the recovery vehicle broke down too! That bit didn't make it to the website though...

Was on our local tv news last night and what damage there was to the fence has already been repaired .

The nice bit was that all the published photo's were taken by and belong to the couple whose fence was damaged . Somebody pointed out to them how much the pics were worth to the papers & tv and they have said that all the money they make from selling them will go to Help for Heroes .

Totaly agree Andy. 20 metres my A***:nono: more like 10m. and it was on the corner of a T junction. And it looked like it had been hit before looking a the different stain on the fence.

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck

Vince,

I wonder if his discs got wet and oily!

Chris

Discovered the cause of that is a gearbox oil leak- left a nice oil slick on he owners drive the other weekend. Will take the box out in the spring when i fit the correct engine (and sort the clutch, belt tensioner etc etc...).

Managed to aquaplane in a Sultan many years ago - although I can recall the experience as if it was yesterday - hanking down a wet road at about 30 mph. Once I'd figured out that using the levers wasn't going to alter where we'd end up, I pulled the seat pins to get my head out of decapitation-range and pumped the brake pedal in case 'cadence braking' might help.

Finally came to rest about a foot outside an electricity sub-station.

Very nice gesture from the victim in this instance. I wonder if the quoted '20 meters of fence' gets past the insurance assessor?

Edited by Yorkie370

Saw this in the paper yesterday.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/801932-tank-crashes-into-suburban-fence

I have both broken down at the side of the road and crashed into a fence (Beltring arena 2009) in a CVRT, but not at the same time....

According to the newspaper article, the recovery vehicle broke down too! That bit didn't make it to the website though...

How does the paper 'Know' that the vehicles (Quote) 'That normally fight the Taliban'. Have a GREEN & BLACK Cammo paint finish for deployment in Afganistan.?...............:whistle: